SensorPanel -- a new flexible monitoring module to replace OSD and Sidebar Gadget

Fiery

maybe the possibility to choose between this options for the user?

That's not really an option, since we want to avoid inflating the number of hardware monitoring items. The more items we define, the slower the whole monitoring module will get...

Yes, definitely. Although data representation is not as straightforward as you might imagine ;) What sort of monitoring item would you prefer?

1) Free space amount in MegaBytes -- may be a huge number for a 2+ TB partition...

2) Free space amount in GigaBytes -- may be marginally useless for small partitions (or for small capacity flash drives)

3) Free space percentage of total partition space

We need

- Free space in MB

- Free space in GB

- Used space in % - for bar diagram

Is it possible to dynamically switch units (with settings the threshold) ?

I have already space for that sensors in my SensorPanel - http://forums.aida64...ndpost__p__4472 ;)

The more items we define, the slower the whole monitoring module will get...

The modular monitoring system ? Load only the required modules ?

Alphacool LC-Display software had such a system.

I also use True Launch Bar - http://www.truelaunchbar.com/ - also modular monitoring system.

I want (if possible) also WiFi signal strength sensor in SensorPanel. Now i use one from True Launch Bar.

Greetings.

post-1003-0-49796100-1353869813_thumb.png

It is modular already of course, but the more modules and more items we put in, the slower it gets afterall. The performance hit is not huge, but we're trying to minimize the number of items to make sure it stays swift.

In the next AIDA64 beta we'll try to come up with a solution that would be suitable for most users. BTW, dynamic measurement units are not supported by AIDA64, so that's not an option I'm afraid.

We've implemented the new hardware monitoring items to let you monitor drive space status.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2227fh3yxq0knmzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;)

Let me know how it works ;)

Thank you very much for your work.

It works. But not quite. :unsure:

Even if I choose to drive utilisation in %, the AIDA continues to be measured in GB instead of %. It's too discrete and uncomfortable, especially on small partitions.

And of course, we need to measure in MB. I use a RAM-drive and measure it in GB uncomfortable.

We've cheched the drive utilization, and it shows the percentage of used space as expected. Can you please check it again?

We'll think about the MegaBytes issue, and try to come up with something that is "best of both worlds" (where both = MB and GB).

We've cheched the drive utilization, and it shows the percentage of used space as expected. Can you please check it again?GB).

Yes, it shows the percentage, but mean GB. I have 6 GB RAM-disk and I kan see only

• 6GB = 0%
  • 5GB = 17%
  • 4GB = 33%
  • 3GB = 50%
  • 2GB = 67%
  • 1GB = 83%
  • 0GB = 100%

I can't newer seen another %.

8cc46ec93d82.jpg

Thank you very much :D

Drive utilization is now working fine.

Only MB \ GB issue remained to be resolved.

MB/GB issue has been resolved by implementing decimal points for drive space readings. Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.co...39jcn9g8sqvbzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Unfortunately it turned out that the disk measurement does not quite work :(

On a small partition (RAM-disk / with two characters after the decimal point), everything works fine - and utilisation in % and free space in GB. The sensor is updated very quickly. :D

But for large partitions (SSD/HDD / with one decimal and no decimal places) the information is not updated for all types of sensors. :blink:

Only restart AIDA64 update these sensors. :wacko:

Unfortunately it turned out that the disk measurement does not quite work :(

On a small partition (RAM-disk / with two characters after the decimal point), everything works fine - and utilisation in % and free space in GB. The sensor is updated very quickly. :D

But for large partitions (SSD/HDD / with one decimal and no decimal places) the information is not updated for all types of sensors. :blink:

Only restart AIDA64 update these sensors. :wacko:

I'm not sure what do you mean by "the information is not updated for all types of sensors"... Can you please explain more detailed? What happens exactly?

• 2 weeks later...

Fiery

For 3D-programs in full screen (games, tests, etc) I use external self-made LCD, which connected to PC via USB.

PC "see" him as a simple serial port (not VGA-monitor).

TM240_2.jpgTM240_3.jpg

For data transfer i use my plug-in, but his functional very poor versus SensorPanel (screen)

Question : can AIDA64 transfer an image of SP into a shared memory ? Then i take it from this memory and transmit further, to the my LCD.

Thanx.

(sorry, it's Google translated)