Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 support

Spynx

We've fixed the ACPI layer of AIDA64 to suit Windows 8. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1630wl5rjn9gwczip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Instant when loading.

I cann't see what, PCI or RAID (btw I don't have RAID).

Must press "Reset" button or "Off" PSU to restart again in Safe Mode, to clear start AIDA at win start up.

Btw,

NetUpdate working.

Thank you. Is your SATA controller working in AHCI mode currently? Did you install a ForceWare driver?

BTW, in a hope that we can replicate this issue, we've just tried to install Win8 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD system. The Win8 installer failed with a new-style BSoD stating "You can search for the error online: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This pre-beta Windows Developer Preview thing looks like it has a long way to mature ;) We'll try to install it on another LGA1155 system.

I find it hard to believe that those users attracted to Win 8 would have use for a program like AIDA64 !!!! :wub:

let the flames begin

David

With the Metro UI it's definitely something you have to get used to :) But if you deactivate that nonsense, then it looks and feels much like Windows 7. Except that it doesn't seem to be stable yet. Which is normal, since Win8 in its current state is not even beta yet...

1639 (with Vista Sidebar) freeze immediately. :(

Does it lock up if you launch AIDA64 without Sidebar support enabled? If that's the case, then please check if it locks up when you go to the Computer / Sensor page.

BTW, which driver do you use for the GTS450? Did you install a Win7 ForceWare?

Thanks,

Fiery