A little request for the Cache & Memory Benchmark Panel

CPU Tweakings is a module that was designed to aid finding bugs, and to read specific information from the processor that is only relevant to us, the developers of AIDA64.  The module is not meant to be used by regular AIDA64 users at all, that's why its user interface is not designed to be beautiful or clean ;)

I'm also not quite sure what you mean by "more convenient". CPU Tweakings has a similar layout about cache and memory benchmarks than the Cache & Memory Benchmark Panel, it produces the same scores using the same one-click start button.

Regards,

Fiery

It makes more convenient for me because I can select what to benchmark (clicking one by one) without measuring all of them and save if I'm satisfied with the score :D

I'm also not quite sure what you mean by "more convenient". CPU Tweakings has a similar layout about cache and memory benchmarks than the Cache & Memory Benchmark Panel, it produces the same scores using the same one-click start button.

Now I got It why there are extra buttons specially RDMSR that I don't know.

But I like the enable/disable turbo thing ^_^

CPU Tweakings is a module that was designed to aid finding bugs, and to read specific information from the processor that is only relevant to us, the developers of AIDA64.  The module is not meant to be used by regular AIDA64 users at all, that's why its user interface is not designed to be beautiful or clean ;)

Then I think it would be easier if we implemented one-by-one benchmark starting on the Cache & Memory Benchmark Panel as well.  It will be implemented in the next AIDA64 beta due in a few days from now  ;)  I'll drop a message into this topic once the mentioned improvement is implemented.

We've implemented the requested feature in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2334r5bzp8vxskzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.  Please note that you can not only double-click now to start individual tests, but also double-click on e.g. "Memory" to start all memory tests, or double-click on "Read" to start all read tests.

BUG>>

Double click on labels and Read columns are working

Burt Write, Copy and latency columns works on single click
You also forgot to disable clicking on objects that are not active such as L3 when L3 cache is not available

For me, I prefer single click but I think there are reasons why it is double… Also why not try to display the info's on load such as CPU type, clock, fsb and below items... but don't remove the refreshing thing when starting the test :D

BUG>>

Double click on labels and Read columns are working

Burt Write, Copy and latency columns works on single click

You also forgot to disable clicking on objects that are not active such as L3 when L3 cache is not available

Thank you, it will be fixed in the next AIDA64 beta release.

Also why not try to display the info's on load such as CPU type, clock, fsb and below items... but don't remove the refreshing thing when starting the test :D

It could take a few seconds to collect those info, and it's best not to make the user wait that time before he can start the benchmark.  Our users prefer to launch the benchmark right away, and then collect CPU/chipset info.

It could take a few seconds to collect those info, and it's best not to make the user wait that time before he can start the benchmark.  Our users prefer to launch the benchmark right away, and then collect CPU/chipset info.

ahh I see

Thank you for the fix ^_^