Nvidia 750m VRAM

yaquinasam

Hello. I recently purchased a Sager 6670 laptop with an Nvidia 750m card. I bought AIDA64 4.00.2736 beta because I'd seen it in action and wanted the VRAM readout. My display just shows dedicated and dynamic, but no VRAM used and VRAM free. I'd much prefer the latter display. Is there any timetable for that to be included, or is it technically not feasible at this time?

Thanks in advance.

Since Vista Windows virtualizes video memory spaces, so it's not possible to detect or measure free video memory size.  It is still available under old Windows releases (Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000).

Regards,

Fiery

My desktop PC, which runs Windows 7, has an Nvidia 660TI card. It seems to measure and display VRAM used and free using AIDA64 with no problem. My Sager 5793 has an Nvidia mobile card and displays VRAM with AIDA64 fine. Perhaps, since the 750M is a new card, you folks just haven't got to twiddling the code to accept it yet?

I suppose you mean the Used Video Memory and Free Video Memory hardware monitoring items.  Yes, they're available on e.g. the OSD Panel, but those items aren't available on a per-GPU basis, and they're only available on nVIDIA GPUs.  Those items should be there on your 750M as well, as long as ForceWare is properly installed.

Alright, Fiery. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I'll think about your reply for while, as I'm not terribly well-versed in graphics hardware/software matters. I do congratulate you for a product that I consider essential. I can monitor temperature, utilization, and memory all at one quick glance.