AIDA CPU bench BSOD d1

woiz

Hello!

Some problem here. When running AIDA CPU Benchmark CPU Zlib of CPU Photoworxx a BSOD D1 occurs. For this they must be run multiple times. Can happen on the 3rd run, and maybe on the 10th.

System is not overclocked. Prime95 Blend 12 hour passes with no errors. Aida stability test ran successfully for 8 hours. Except these two AIDA CPU benchmarks system is ablsolutely stable.

Config:

i7 4790K

Asus Z97-Deluxe

Kingston 16Gb 2400MHz (2*8Gb)

MSI GTX Titan Black

Corsair AX760

Samsung SSD 840Pro 128Gb

Toshiba SSD 256Gb

WD 4Tb

Asus Xonar STX

Windows 8.1 x64

P.S Tried another MB (Gigabyte Z87X UD3H) and RAM (Corsair 16Gb 2133MHz), reduced memory to 1333MHz=no luck, same BSOD, tried to remove AV software, remove net drivers, ME drivers, Asus audio driver and adguard software, nothing helps, this BSOD is almost 100% reproducible.

P.P.S Tried 3 latest NVidia drivers 337.88, 340.43, 340.52

Minidump.zip

Please try to do the following:

1) Close AIDA64

2) Disable the AIDA64 kernel driver by renaming the file KERNELD.X64 in AIDA64 installation folder to KERNELD.X64_

3) Restart Windows

4) Start AIDA64

5) Verify if the kernel driver is really disabled by checking the CPU multiplier and FSB on the Motherboard / CPU page. If the information is not shown there, then the kernel driver is disabled

6) Start the benchmarks, and check if there's a BSoD now. Let me know how it goes

7) Don't forget to rename the file back once the test is done

Thanks,

Fiery

• 3 weeks later...

Since you've got some kind of errors even with the AIDA64 kernel drivers disabled, and the error points to nVIDIA video drivers, I'd say your system is indeed not 100% stable. The BSoD's you get when running AIDA64 benchmarks may just be due to the system instability, and not due to a bug in AIDA64.