AIDA64 locks up when checking CPU

GoNz0

This laptops a replacement for my old one and has a refresh cpu installed, the intel I7 4712 instead of the 4702. If I click on the overclock tab it hangs on cpu properties with 100% of a core used by aida64, I clicked on the motherboard tab then CPU and it blue screened with a driver verifier error.

Hope the attached files are enough ?

smbusdump_full.txt

cpuidmsrdump.txt

Does it hang on the Overclock page after it displayed "CPU Properties" line, so only that line is displayed on the Overclock page? Or is there any other lines displayed below that line before the hang happens, like "CPU Type" or "CPU Alias" ?

Thanks,

Fiery

We've tried to find the issue, but so far with no luck :( We would have to narrow it down to a specific part of the code to find the culprit. Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Let me know if it triggers a BSoD or falls into and endless loop.

Please also check if you experience any issues while viewing the following AIDA64 pages:

- Commputer / Sensor

- Motherboard / CPU

- Motherboard / CPUID

- Motherboard / SPD

- Motherboard / Chipset

On Sat 16/08/2014 08:25:28 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081614-16000-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153CA0)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x91, 0x0, 0xFFFFE0019BA68880, 0x0)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

The driver switched stacks using a method that is not supported by the operating system. The only supported way to extend a kernel mode stack is by using KeExpandKernelStackAndCallout. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

• 4 weeks later...