Problem with latest beta and Haswell-E

Feklar

Please note that the "missing" cores are virtual cores only. They are not physical cores, and so they cannot have an on-die temperature sensor.

I understand they are virtual but i have seen them spike in other software. Other monitoring software do display them such as Core Temp, hwinfo, basic disktop gadgets etc. Would I be able to pull the data in if this doesnt support it out of the box? I would hate to have to run two pieces of software but definitely like to keep an eye on them as well.

They're called "T_Sensor1", "T_Sensor2" and "T_Sensor3". Only Sensor 2 and 3 are connected in my system, therefor sensor 1 shows "N/A".

They should be listed as Temperature #1, Temperature #2 and Temperature #3. However, in case you've got some other sensor devices in your system (like Aquaero), the values may be overwritten by the values read from that device. Please let me know if you think that's the case.

I understand they are virtual but i have seen them spike in other software. Other monitoring software do display them such as Core Temp, hwinfo, basic disktop gadgets etc. Would I be able to pull the data in if this doesnt support it out of the box? I would hate to have to run two pieces of software but definitely like to keep an eye on them as well.

Other software read the temperatures of the physical cores. However, temperature readout of Intel's DTS solution is quite responsive, so even if you read the temperature multiple times in quick successions for the same core, the values will be different in most cases. So the difference between a physical core and a virtual core is only by accident, they don't actually reflect separate temperature sensors ;)

They should be listed as Temperature #1, Temperature #2 and Temperature #3. However, in case you've got some other sensor devices in your system (like Aquaero), the values may be overwritten by the values read from that device. Please let me know if you think that's the case.

Yes, exactly, that's the case on my system. Isn't there any way to make both the Aquero and the MB sensors available? 

It's not a major thing for me, though. Just a matter of completeness :)

Other software read the temperatures of the physical cores. However, temperature readout of Intel's DTS solution is quite responsive, so even if you read the temperature multiple times in quick successions for the same core, the values will be different in most cases. So the difference between a physical core and a virtual core is only by accident, they don't actually reflect separate temperature sensors ;)

Ok thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.