EVGA SR-2 PWM temperatures

jabloomf1230

I recently started monitoring the PWM temperatures on my EVGA dual Xeon SR-2. If I boot up and look at the PWM temps in CMOS setup, they match exactly to what Aida64 (and SpeedFan also) initially reports (PWM1 is for the CPU0 fan and PWM2 is for the CPU1 fan) in Win 8.1. As the system runs at idle for a few minutes, the mobo, CPU, GPU temps remain between 21 and 25° C. PWM1 and PWM2 read about 31 and 40° C respectively. I've checked the entire mobo and cleaned it completely with compressed air to remove any dust. This system is air cooled with adequate fans. It is not OCed at the moment, but has never been OCed above 3.5 GHz.

But if I run a system stability test either with the Aida64 or Linx, the temperatures will elevate into the mid to high 40s, but the temperature of PWM2 hardly increases at all. Is the sensor on the mobo going bad or is the temperature being reported for PWM2 incorrect? A full report is attached. Thanks.

AIDA SR-2.htm

I think EVGA E-LEET software supports your motherboard, including sensors measurement. Since it is made by the manufacturer of your motherboard, it's safe to assume that it can be used as a reliable reference to verify whether PWM temperatures are measured properly by AIDA64. Please let me know how it goes ;)

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks. I should have said originally that E-LEET also shows the same temps for the PWM. I posted the same information originally on the EVGA forums, but no one had any ideas except for the sensor going bad. I'm about to spring on a new X99 system, so I guess that I'll just put up with what ever is wrong in the interim.

Thanks. I should have said originally that E-LEET also shows the same temps for the PWM. I posted the same information originally on the EVGA forums, but no one had any ideas except for the sensor going bad. I'm about to spring on a new X99 system, so I guess that I'll just put up with what ever is wrong in the interim.

All I can tell is that we've seen a few examples of failed motherboard temperature diodes in the past few years, so it's definitely possible. In other cases a complete power-off cured it though, so it may worth a try to cycle the PSU power.