List of Bugs (Logitech Arx Control)

Grestorn

Hi all, 

here's another short list of problems I currently experience with trying to create an elaborate panel for my iPhone (using Arx Control): 

1. All sensors that currently don't provide any data don't render on Arx Control. It doesn't matter what kind of control used, all are affected. To fix that you have to reset the Arx Control display (by changing the layout for example) once the sensor delivers any data.
  2. Some items are displayed differently on the preview paage and the actual display. For example, if the total width of a sensor item is to small, it will be rendered in two lines on the Arx display while on the preview page it's still rendered in one line just using the width it needs. 
  3. The default font "Tahoma" doesn't render correctly on the Arx Display. It looks like a font with serifs (probably some Times Roman). Other fonts, like Verdana are working though
  4. The value for "Power Values / CPU Package" seems to be off by a factor of 100 - or even more. If it's supposed to be the total power used by the CPU Package. I know it's hard to guess what Intel actually reflects in these values, but I get around 0.6 Watt in idle and 1.5 Watt under load. 10x that value sound about right (if still a bit low, though, since I use an overclocked 5960X). 

Especially the first issue is something that bothers me a lot right now. Item 2 and 3 can be worked around and the 4th item is just a matter of interpreting the data.

Thanks & regards, Martin

1) Please explain it using a bit more details. What kind of sensor item is that, and why doesn't it provide any data?

2) That is a pecularity of the HTML based layout AIDA64 has to use for Logitech Arx. With HTML layouts the preview cannot be 100% accurate in all cases.

3) It's a limitation of the operating system of your mobile device. You have to pick a font that exists on both your main computer (PC) and your mobile device. From your PC it's not possible to detect what fonts does your mobile device support.

4) What Intel processor do you have?

Thanks,

Fiery

1) See the screen shots. The first shot is with the fans inactive. Note that the gauges are missing. Also the text display for their Voltage and Current is missing. The second shot shows the same panel with the fans working. I had to reset the display after I the fans started to work to get the display to work correctly. The corresponding panel definition is also attached.

2) Makes sense. 

3) Also makes sense. 

4) It's an Intel 5960X on an Asus Rampage V. You can see the CPU Package value at the most bottom right on the screenshots. Do you need the sensor debug output as well? I used Prime95 to stress the CPU, so a value of 3.0W times 100 actually makes sense on the heavily OCed 8 core CPU.

post-8473-0-86938300-1417878267_thumb.jpg

post-8473-0-27903100-1417878269_thumb.jpg

2014-12-06.zip

1) The next AIDA64 update will fix the missing gauges for fan speeds. However, the missing sensors cannot be fixed for the voltages and currents, since those values are measured as "N/A" (instead of zero) on your Aquaero sensor device. And when a value is measured as "N/A", AIDA64 will not display the value anymore.

The major problem behind that issue is that no sensor device has such a facility that would provide monitoring software the ability to detect physical fan header connection status. So a stopped fan and an unconnected fan header appears exactly the same to monitoring software. If AIDA64 was able to detect the physical fan presence, it would be able to provide fan voltages and fan currents as 0.0V and 0.0A, instead of "N/A".

4) We've checked it with our Core i7-5820K (stock settings), and on that processor AIDA64 measures cca. 10W at idle, and 100W under heavy load. Maybe on your CPU the package power measurement goes crazy due to the excess overclocking. Can you please check what HWMonitor reports?

I wouldn't have believed it, but you're right. I just reverted my system to stock clockings. And the value is now reasonable (about 16.5 W in idle, 130W with Prime95). 

Very curious. Unfortunately I cannot try HWMonitor since that doesn't display the CPU Package power value in either the free version or the trial of the Pro version. And I don't want to buy it (Aida64 provides all I need for system monitoring :) ). 

Anyway, I can live with the issue, especially since I'm pretty sure that you can't do anything about it, as it's most likely a problem Intel would have to solve. 

About the sensor issue, I'll repeat here what I wrote you in the PM as well, for others to read: 

I understand your problem. I wouldn’t mind that at all, if the displays would actually appear as soon as the device starts to report something else than n/a or 0.

But as it is right now, if the fans are stopped when AIDA64 is starting (which is the usual case) I will never see these values. I always have to restart AIDA once the fans start to work.

I guess you can see whether aquaero service is present in the system. My suggestion would be, just to enable all the sensors once you see the data source, no matter whether the actual sensors provide useful data or not (interpreting n/a just as 0). Maybe that saves you some work and hassle? People who have an aquaero probably don’t mind if there’s a huge number of useless values displayed for them…

CPU power issue: I suppose the problem behind all that may be that the CPU power measurement is done by the Turbo Boost logic of your CPU. And when Turbo Boost is fully unlocked or disabled, power measurement isn't done in the default fashion anymore.

Sensor issue: I think ultimately the logic driving the SensorPanel and LCD rendering module is at fault. We've designed them in a way that they should hide such sensor items from the rendering engine that fail to produce a certain "good value" output. So e.g. when an electrical current or power measurement item measures an invalid or "N/A" value, the rendering engine hides the complete sensor item from the output image. We've done that in order to avoid displaying nonsense values, or render weird looking graphs or gauges. And even though in most cases it's quite convenient and user-friendly, it turned out to be an obstacle for Aquaero owners like you. We'll revamp that logic in the next AIDA64 update, to display "N/A" or simply zero value when the sensor reading is invalid. I hope it will be suitable for your needs, and help to fully exploit the Logitech Arx integration. If it still wouldn't be 100% suitable for your needs, please give us more feedbacks, and we'll continue fine-tuning the whole thing to match the requirements of power-users like you ;)

• 3 months later...

I would like to be able to hide the LCD items for sensors not currently detected or reporting values.

I have a portable hdd that i watch the temp of on my g510 lcd, which reports HD4N/A, with the N/A actually overlapping the name of the sensor, this updates to the temperature of the drive when it is plugged in, but having the n/a visible in the first place is an eyesore.

I would like to be able to hide the LCD items for sensors not currently detected or reporting values.

I have a portable hdd that i watch the temp of on my g510 lcd, which reports HD4N/A, with the N/A actually overlapping the name of the sensor, this updates to the temperature of the drive when it is plugged in, but having the n/a visible in the first place is an eyesore.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know if it helps ;)