AIDA64 newbie, need some advice.

Jake_75

Hi, been using aida64 extreme on a new rig to check some temperatures, and I noticed that there only seems to be one VRM reading shown. The rig has 2x MSI GTX 980's SLI. So should there not be VRM 1 and VRM 2 shown ? or is one VRM set normal for two cards in SLI ?

i70agw.jpg

Also I can't find any readings (Fan speed / temps) for my PSU and RAM in aida64.

The RAM is: 16GB Pack (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2800Mhz CAS 16-18-18-36 1.2V

The PSU is: 1000W Corsair RM Series, Modular, 80PLUS Gold.

Also the motherboard is Asus X99-S.

Thank you.

1) In your case VRM is the motherboard VRM, not the video card VRM ;) It would be called "GPU VRM" if it was for the video card(s).

2) PSU temperature and fan speed can only be measured for such devices that support those measurements. Most PSUs will not support it, or they are simply hooked up on a motherboard fan header, so the motherboard will measure the PSU fan speed.

3) RAM temperature measurement is disabled by default, because in rare case it could cause instability. You can try activating it in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability / DIMM thermal sensor support. Restart AIDA64 after altering that option. Please note that it will only work in case your memory modules feature a DIMM TS compliant temperature sensing logic.

Regards,

Fiery

Ahh I see, sorry my bad :D Thank you anyway.

The PSU, maybe does not support thermal sensor then. But I wonder if the "Chassis #2" RPM show in my sensor screen shot is perhaps the PSU fan speed ? or I guess it could just be one of the 6 case fans. Not sure.

Also I will defiantly try the DIMM thermal sensor support.option you mentioned, just to see if I can pick up any RAM temps. Although i'll hold off on testing this option for the moment. As I don't want to do anything that might introduce instability, and thus cause the system to reboot. As the system seems to have developed some kind of fault, and cannot complete a post sequence/boot, without dieing 9 times out of 10. It's behaving very oddly.

Anyway, thanks for the info Fiery.

The PSU, maybe does not support thermal sensor then. But I wonder if the "Chassis #2" RPM show in my sensor screen shot is perhaps the PSU fan speed ? or I guess it could just be one of the 6 case fans. Not sure.

It will be one of the 6 case fan headers that you can find on your motherboard.