Monitoring on a second screen

Amarek

While I was looking for a way to display system data like temperature on an external display I came across AIDA64 and really liked your approach. Now before I decide which way I go I need to know the following.

Is it possible to address two identical displays? I kinda like this one (http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/Mjc2OTgxOTk-/Bausaetze_Module/Entwicklerboards/ODROID_U3_ODROID_SHOW_LCD_Board_2_2_5_6_cm_.html), but one is two small, so it's it possible to hook up two of those and address them separately? One would show everything I want to know about my CPU and the other one everything about my GPU.

If that doesn't work, I need to know how DisplayLink via USB works. As far as I understand it, this is a second screen, just over USB. So you can move windows to it. So I move a sensor panel over to that screen and I'm done? How does it impact performance? Could I use the second screen with a sensor panel and VLC (to watch a movie) at the same time?

Thanks.

Please note that Odroid-Show features a very slow USB protocol, and it takes several seconds (!) to perform a single frame update. It's not really suitable for the AIDA64 LCD module. The only reason we've implemented support for Odroid-Show is because a passionate AIDA64 user requested support for it.

It is possible to handle multiple LCD screens from a different vendor, without limitations on the number of simultaneous screens connected. It is also possible to handle multiple screens from the same vendor, but not for all screen types. The Odroid-Show LCD module supports only a single screen in AIDA64 for example, but you can use up to three picoLCD screens, up to three Trefon screens, up to two AlphaCool screens, up to two Logitech G15/G19 screens, etc.

DisplayLink monitors are connected via USB, but they act like classic monitors. So you can define a Windows desktop for it, and you can use the SensorPanel on it. Please note that you can only use a single SensorPanel right now, so having multiple DisplayLink screens may not work out well in your case.

DisplayLink performance should be just fine for the SensorPanel (that uses cca. 1 or 2 FPS update rate), but I'm not sure how it works with video playback. It should work smoothly too, but we never had a chance to try it out.

• 3 weeks later...