Enter product key not working

wordsworth

I just bought an Aida64 renewal license and after entering the number and seeing the valid number message show, the license still does not change the program from the Trial version.  Am I missing something?  Also, I bought the renewal license thinking that the old version I had was not compatible with Windows 10 and that explained why I don't see sensor readings for things like the CPU temp, mobo, etc. But this version still does not contain these in the OSD items available for sensing.  Is this because I'm stuck in the trial version or some other problem?

Does your Windows user have the right to write files into the installation folder of AIDA64? I suppose that may be the problem. Open the installation folder of AIDA64, and check if there's a new file created there called PKEY.TXT, after you've entered your product key.

As for the temperature readings, that issue is not related to whether you're running a trial version or not. Make sure that your Windows user has got administrative privileges. Without such privileges a Windows software like AIDA64 cannot perform low-level hardware access, and without low-level hardware access it's not possible to access sensor chips or read chipset or GPU information.

Thanks for the quick reply but I went in to the Administrator account and both problems are resolved.  A little tired and not thinking my best with much of the last two days getting Win 10 going, probably should step away a bit.  If you wish you can delete this topic.  Thanks again.