fixed: CPU OPT and Chassis 1 fan speeds mixed (Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H)

GreyFox

Hi, I've been having this problem since the beginning of the year, and even on old editions for some reasons, Aida 64 mixes my CPU OPT fan speeds with my Chassis 1. I've double checked in BIOS and checked my fan cables. My Chassis 1 is a Thermaltake 200mm and my CPU OPT is a Cougar 140mm. Both are PWM fans inserted into PWM headers, with BIOS set to Normal speed for the Cougar, and 2.5 * PWM / C for the Thermaltake.

Fan_speed_Aida.png

Thank you for your fast response.

I uninstalled the old version and used CC Cleaner to clean the registry and deleted the remaining folder from Program Files x86 then restarted my computer.

I removed all the fans and then tried a different fan in the CPU OPT header, a Noctua NF-12 this time.

The beta Aida64 from the link still reports that header as Chassis 1, and the real Chassis 1 on the motherboard as CPU OPT. :wacko:

Using the new beta, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the results into this topic.

Before you do that, make sure to enable the status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

Hey it's FIXED! Great job and THANKS!

:wub::D;):)

Thank you for the feedback ;) BTW, next time you perform an upgrade, you don't have to clean anything or remove any old files. Just download the new ZIP package, and extract it to the existing installation folder of AIDA64. Let it overwrite any existing files. That method will retain your existing settings and your license as well.