Stability Test / Windows 10

Hi,

Is there a known issue in regards to the stability test causing Windows 10 to run out of system resources? I'm seeing this on a number of machines that run the tests fine on Windows 7 / 8.1.

Thanks,

No, we haven't got any reports of such an issue, and we also haven't seen it on our own test systems yet. Which subtests do you have enabled? (CPU, FPU, etc) Do you have any common hardware components in your systems? Like, all of them has a nVIDIA GPU or such?

No, we haven't got any reports of such an issue, and we also haven't seen it on our own test systems yet. Which subtests do you have enabled? (CPU, FPU, etc) Do you have any common hardware components in your systems? Like, all of them has a nVIDIA GPU or such?

Not really, a mixture of Haswell and Skylake systems, no real common components, only Windows 10. 

On my personal rig I have a 4770K @ 4.7GHz, ran the stability tests many times on 8.1 and it was fine, on Windows 10 it runs out of system resources within minutes.

I use CPU, FPU, cache and memory. This problem does not occur if the 'memory' test is unchecked.

It could be normal, actually. AIDA64 System Stability Test allocates all available physical RAM in its memory subtest. If you keep using your computer while the test is running, and you have no swap file defined, it is very likely that Windows will run out of system memory. In which case it's best to avoid using the computer while the AIDA64 stress test is running.

It could be normal, actually. AIDA64 System Stability Test allocates all available physical RAM in its memory subtest. If you keep using your computer while the test is running, and you have no swap file defined, it is very likely that Windows will run out of system memory. In which case it's best to avoid using the computer while the AIDA64 stress test is running.

When stress testing systems, I always leave them well alone. It's just very strange that this does not happen in Windows 7 or 8.1. I literally click Start and walk away from the computer. I also have no background programs running. As previously discussed, this is happening on various systems, mainly Skylake. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It seems as though it is AIDA that is giving the warning as opposed to Windows. I can confirm this is still happening on a number of systems even after the latest AIDA release.

What kind of warning is displayed by AIDA64? Can you please post a screen shot? Based on your posts I assumed Windows gives you the warning messages, and not AIDA64 itself.

I had the same warning last night, and I think it is from AIDA64 itself after running the test for 3 hours. 

I will double check tonight. 

I am also running with Windows 10 ( i7 4790k) and CPU, FPU, cache and memory checked.

Thank you in advance. It would be imperative to see exactly which software (or Windows itself) pops up the error message, and what the message says exactly. Because AIDA64 is not supposed to show a warning about low memory, unless of course you enabled the Alerting feature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Alerting ;)

note: i re-ran aida64 with the task manager closed this time and so far i don't see that error message.  (my previous post had task manager running)

i will let it run overnight and i'll see the result, but i think ALL programs have to be closed, including task manager.

I think the issue is that AIDA64 tries to allocate all available (free) physical memory to make sure all the RAM is properly stressed. It seems though that this approach causes resource allocation issues under Windows 10, so from the next AIDA64 beta update we will adjust it to use only 95% of the available physical memory for stress testing. That hopefully will be more user-friendly ;)