Samsung 950 PRO NVMe SSD

Micha2k

Using the Samsung SSD Magician, it is possible to read the SMART data of the Samsung 950 PRO M.2 / NVMe SSD.

Is it possible to make this information available in AIDA64?

Yes, it should be possible, but first we have to identify a few key aspects of your configuration, like NVMe driver type. If it's possible, please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> ATA Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach it as a TXT file to your post.

Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach it as a TXT file to your post.

Finally, right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> Disk Controllers Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach it as a TXT file to your post.

You may need to enable the status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View before performing those dumps.

Thanks,

Fiery

I installed a Samsung 950 Pro yesterday.  My older version of AIDA64 was able to recognize and monitor its wonderfully high temperature right off the bat (Win 7).  However, after upgrading the primary drive to Windows 10 last night, AIDA can no longer detect the 950 Pro M.2,  I am using the 5.50.3621 beta now.  Is this a known issue with Windows 10?

I installed a Samsung 950 Pro yesterday.  My older version of AIDA64 was able to recognize and monitor its wonderfully high temperature right off the bat (Win 7).  However, after upgrading the primary drive to Windows 10 last night, AIDA can no longer detect the 950 Pro M.2,  I am using the 5.50.3621 beta now.  Is this a known issue with Windows 10?

It's quite a complicated issue, since it not only depends on Windows version, but also the NVMe driver you've got installed, and the AIDA64 build you have running. But as I've stated above, we will implement full SMART support for Samsung 950 Pro and SM951-NVMe drives in the next AIDA64 update due in a few days from now. You will only need to upgrade to that new AIDA64 build, and also to download the install the latest 950 Pro drivers by Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

Stay tuned ;)

Thank you.  The OS wasn't specified and I wasn't sure if you were referring specially to Magician data.  I am only really interested in the temperature as opposed to the other SMART data at this point. For data collection, I am using the Samsung NVM Express 1.0 Driver and now Windows 10.