SensorPanel -- a new flexible monitoring module to replace OSD and Sidebar Gadget

Fiery

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am a longtime overclocker, been benching Competatively at HWBOT.org

AIDA is my favorite watchdog (besides actual hardware monitoring).I must compliment you for the way you expanded the amount off external monitoring (big fan!) options.

As I cycle through a lot of hardware I do love keeping an eye out to Temps and voltages/power draw/ frequency of CPU, Cache (ring /uncore) GpU's core and memory frequency (more accurate: watching for drops as sign of under voted hardware) while fine-tuning that specific system.

I use the system panel, but also the Logitech g15 or g19 lcd, and as off late the ARX and remote sensors.

The request I have concerns being able to save specific building blocks for each combination of motherboard + cpu. Save seperately specific motherboard, CPU, DRAM kits, Gpu's in singel or crossfire/sli.

If I could seperately pick those blocks I can easily build the panel that I need at that moment. Normally setting it up takes quite some time.

Mind you this goes for me but also for a substantial amount of my Overclock Team Mate's (100+). Team MLG (currently at 9th position of world ranking but rising very fast). The current Word leader is in the same team.

Is something like that possible?

I counted the panels I have modified /recreated this month and I have over 30 different panels saved.

Enclosed 1 of them so you have a rought idea about the amount of data that is being monitored. Nope posted it here:

http://forums.aida64.com/topic/667-share-your-sensorpanel/page-7#entry12518

Looking forward to hearing from you

The request I have concerns being able to save specific building blocks for each combination of motherboard + cpu. Save seperately specific motherboard, CPU, DRAM kits, Gpu's in singel or crossfire/sli.

If I could seperately pick those blocks I can easily build the panel that I need at that moment. Normally setting it up takes quite some time.

I'm afraid that's not possible. What you could do is build a panel that features most of the basic building blocks you usually put on your panels, and export it to a file that you back up. Then, the next time you start building a panel, you can start off by importing that "base" panel to accelerate the process of building up the new panel.

Fair enough and a good suggestion.

One other question pops to mind, it would be handy if you could Ä…t least import for example the items used/saved from the sensor panel to be imported and edited in the remote sensor panel . Is that possible in some way?

Thanks for fast reply anyhow!

One other question pops to mind, it would be handy if you could Ä…t least import for example the items used/saved from the sensor panel to be imported and edited in the remote sensor panel . Is that possible in some way?

Yes, you can simply import an exported SensorPanel layout into your LCD layout editor, and vice versa, since the files are compatible. The only thing you have to be careful about is importing a multi-page LCD layout into the SensorPanel, since the SensorPanel supports only a single page.

Of topic: is there some blockage for aida to read asus rog matrix Platinum R9 290X sensor info?

Asus Matrix cards usually feature a custom Asus sensor chip that is not publicly documented, and so cannot be supported by 3rd party monitoring applications like AIDA64 :(

Ahh I thought as much...  Asus has strange marketing policies...  Selling insanely priced super tweaked/specialized hardware ...  But refuse any support /explanation how it works, what does what and refuse acccess to sensor readings...

Kind of wack way to do business...  Like selling a bugatti veyron,  but refuse giving a manual how to read gauges and pointing out where the gas pedal is at... 

But if i where to take close-ups from the components would it than not be possible to see sensor/chip ID and use that or is this over simplyfying it.. 

But if i where to take close-ups from the components would it than not be possible to see sensor/chip ID and use that or is this over simplyfying it..

I'm afraid that wouldn't help, since on their high-end products Asus tend to use custom chips that no other manufacturers use :(

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to have sensorpanel always to be seen on desktop?

I.e. when I "peek at desktop" by clicking on right lower corner in Windows 7-8-10, it vanishes until I open a File Explorer window or something.

I recall experiencing this problem with some other desktop apps but in say, "Fences" by Stardock this doesn't happen. So I'm assuming it's possible to be fixed. That is if a solution/option isn't already added to the program that I missed.

Is it possible to have sensorpanel always to be seen on desktop?

I.e. when I "peek at desktop" by clicking on right lower corner in Windows 7-8-10, it vanishes until I open a File Explorer window or something.

I recall experiencing this problem with some other desktop apps but in say, "Fences" by Stardock this doesn't happen. So I'm assuming it's possible to be fixed. That is if a solution/option isn't already added to the program that I missed.

Try to enable the option Prevent SensorPanel from being minimized in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / SensorPanel.

• 4 months later...

Windows 10 has a multiple desktops feature and I'd like to dedicate a desktop to system monitoring. When I have for example Riva Tuner opened on a desktop and I switch to another desktop Riva Tuner does not show and that's what I want.

This is not the case with Sensor Panel it stays showing across all desktops. I have checked and unchecked the various Sensor Panel options under preferences but I don't think it's possible to achieve what I need.

Hoping Sensor panel can be made Windows 10 multiple desktop aware? Thank you.

• 2 months later...

well i got around to re working a sensor panle i found on this forum .....I forget who wuz the original creator of this sensor panel ...but thanks every who posted there panels for download ...it really helped to learn how things work and the things you can do in this .....and I love it man....I love having all the information in one spot from one program ....

you thank you to all who work on Aida64 .....you guys rock .....and here is a look at my almost complete sensor panel .......o and one more thing any luck on getting a full screen sensor panel for a axillary monitor? 1080p?.......sure would be awesome to be able to make things bigger on the panel and see things in full screen 1080p ....ive been running a lower res on my axillary monitor ...it works but its still not a full screen panel....

post-22217-0-30057000-1460067282_thumb.jpg

any luck on getting a full screen sensor panel for a axillary monitor? 1080p?.......sure would be awesome to be able to make things bigger on the panel and see things in full screen 1080p ....ive been running a lower res on my axillary monitor ...it works but its still not a full screen panel....

There's no size limit for the SensorPanel. You can design a 1920x1080 pixel resolution SensorPanel and move it to your secondary display at the top-left position to make it full-screen.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Mors said:

Gbps would also be good :)  I have 10g networks.. it's almost un-doable using kbps.  I have tried Mbps but it looks funny

We'll implement Gbps and GB/s unit conversion in the next AIDA64 beta update ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Cool good enhancement for sure. 

Better yet let us do our own math.  I had another product that allowed you to create macro type calculations from a single input and output it in the correct format.  IE:  1mb = 1024kb so it would take an input like 2048 and with the behind the scenes conversion I setup it would take the 2048 and divide it by 1024 and output 2MB  instead of 2048.  

You can even create your own percentages and scales with something like this taking raw attribute data.   Just a thought.   It had it's own macro builder to do this and would associate the formula you made directly with the raw attribute data. 

Just a short question to the SensorPanel: If i place it on the right side of my desktop, like the old Windows gadgets, is there a setting to maximize windows (Firefox, Windows Explorer, etc.) only next to the SensorPanel (to touch its borders), so its always visible, but doesnt cover whats behind?

I have read about "always on top", but is this setting doing what im asking for?

Thank you! :)

Edit: Didnt find a setting, this is what im looking for...

Gadgets.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, -Vulture- said:

Just a short question to the SensorPanel: If i place it on the right side of my desktop, like the old Windows gadgets, is there a setting to maximize windows (Firefox, Windows Explorer, etc.) only next to the SensorPanel (to touch its borders), so its always visible, but doesnt cover whats behind?

I have read about "always on top", but is this setting doing what im asking for?

Thank you! :)

Edit: Didnt find a setting, this is what im looking for...

No, I'm afraid it's not possible.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

After building a new PC I wanted to have something extra so I bought a cheap IPS panel from Amazon and wanted to have sensor panel inside my PC (I guess it's a growing trend as even Jayz2Cent made one a while ago).

I found that Aida64 is by far the best software to do this, I must say I was a bit surprised how few the options were for this though.

I bought Aida64 just for this and it works great!

That's the back story why, now for the request.

I would like to have switch between different sensor panel themes I have created with a keybind(s) and/or with a timer. As the "inside" monitor is only 600x1024px you can't fit much stuff on it without getting cluttered.

Thank you!

20201206_220043e.jpg

aida.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some points thats i belive really cool to implement to get more design friendly:

1) Background Transparent (no decrease all panel transparency just BG)
         2) GIF animation support in sensor panel
         3) Moving 1,5,10 pixel up, down, left and right in Position of Sensor Numbers inside Gauges
         4) Simple Sensor Numbers with center orientation to dont make mess when we using over image, some time when number is too short and we align per maximum number, one or two digits broken layout.

• 4 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, vonhellsing said:

Some points thats i belive really cool to implement to get more design friendly:

1) Background Transparent (no decrease all panel transparency just BG)
         2) GIF animation support in sensor panel
         3) Moving 1,5,10 pixel up, down, left and right in Position of Sensor Numbers inside Gauges
         4) Simple Sensor Numbers with center orientation to dont make mess when we using over image, some time when number is too short and we align per maximum number, one or two digits broken layout.

Thanks, lemme try this out.