minor problems

ouzbed

Hello, I face two minor problems with AIDA64 :

- I can't find in the values of duty cycles of CPU fan and chassis in external applications menu, only values in RPM.

- When AIDA64 is on, Windows 10 notifies randomly a USB key is plugged in. the key is plugged on a hub, which is plugged on my monitor, a Dell U2715H (which has a hub too). When I quit AIDA64, it immediately stops.

thanks.

Hello, I face two minor problems with AIDA64 :

- I can't find in the values of duty cycles of CPU fan and chassis in external applications menu, only values in RPM.

Duty cycle is not available for most sensor readings, that's just normal.

- When AIDA64 is on, Windows 10 notifies randomly a USB key is plugged in. the key is plugged on a hub, which is plugged on my monitor, a Dell U2715H (which has a hub too). When I quit AIDA64, it immediately stops.

thanks.

One of the USB sensor or PSU sensor modules of AIDA64 could cause that. You can try disabling the sensor devices that you know don't have connected to your system in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes. If that doesn't help, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump, and copy-paste the results into this topic.

Also, make sure to use the latest beta version of AIDA64 available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Duty cycle is not available for most sensor readings, that's just normal.

One of the USB sensor or PSU sensor modules of AIDA64 could cause that. You can try disabling the sensor devices that you know don't have connected to your system in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes. If that doesn't help, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump, and copy-paste the results into this topic.

Also, make sure to use the latest beta version of AIDA64 available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

oh too bad. is it something that can be added in future realeases ? many hardware monitor softwares manage to show these values (Open Hardware Monitor, HWMonitor, HWiNFO64 ...). for info, my system runs on a Z97I-PLUS mobo with a Nuvoton NCT6791D.

for USB problems, I'll do this evening, and post the Dump. thanks for your support. I'm already using the last beta version.

We currently have no plans to extend the list of sensors where we provide information on fan duty cycle. It's actually not that useful a value, and could be very misleading if someone relies on it. Because even if duty cycle is e.g. 75% or 100%, the fan could be stopped or clogged.

Thank you for the data. Do you have any NZXT or other water coolers connected to your system? AIDA64 seems to be able to pick up a special DLL from C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\SiUSBXp.dll, and it would be useful to get rid of that DLL to rule it out as a potential issue. If you no longer use such a water cooler that would require the CAM software, then please try to uninstall CAM and check if it helps about the USB issue about AIDA64.

Fiery, thank you. it's definitely better. No more notification !

I hope that a day AIDA64 team decide to add fan duty cycle support !  ^_^

I was wrong in my previous post, only Open Hardware Monitor support this value, and since I replaced OHM by AIDA64, my Rainmeter skin misses some info (I bought an AIDA64 licence essentially for that).

I'm facing another issue with lastest beta :

I'm using sensors for external applications and GPU fan rpm option regularly disapear from the list. I think this is due to the fact I own a semi passive graphic card (a GTX 970 from Asus). it's starting fans only when temps are higher than 67° C (I think this is the right value). So when I start my computer, of course temps are lower and maybe AIDA64 thinks there is no fan at all ?  ;)

I'm facing another issue with lastest beta :

I'm using sensors for external applications and GPU fan rpm option regularly disapear from the list. I think this is due to the fact I own a semi passive graphic card (a GTX 970 from Asus). it's starting fans only when temps are higher than 67° C (I think this is the right value). So when I start my computer, of course temps are lower and maybe AIDA64 thinks there is no fan at all ?  ;)

Yes, you're right. When the GPU provides a zero RPM reading, it's not easy to decide whether it's because you've got a passively cooled video card, or because the fan is not spinning at the moment. As soon as it spins up, the reading will be displayed. And when it stops, the latest zero RPM reading should be displayed from then on.