Low-level SMBus operations causing high ACPI.sys latency

NicholasJS

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Z170 motherboard with a I7-6700k.  I receive high latency (1000-2000+) in LatencyMon when I use Low-level SMBus operations (when it is disabled I do not have the problem any longer).

System Specs:

Windows 10 professional

ASUS Z170 pro gaming

I7 - 6700k

32gb ram 2666 - 15-15-15-36 (I don't know if timings would contribute to this problem, speed doesn't, at least when I checked it).

Bios version 1102 (compiled 11/16/2015 so I believe at the time of this posting it is the newest bios)

A lot of SATA devices:

2x Crucial CT512MZ100SSD

LSILOGIC SAS raid card, I don't know much about this card, I had it for a very long time and forgot most of the things it does now other than "Well I plug it in and it still works."  Currently there are two attached drives.  I think it's a 3000 series 4 port.  Currently there are 2x WEC6401AALS attached.

1x WEC6401AALS not on the raid controller

Intel SSDAS2CW080G3

Blu-ray burner.

I also have a corsair H80i attached using up some USB ports I think.

I use a LCD display on my G510s, but disabling this and using OSD doesn't fix the issue.  Also, it only occurs when the program updates, so if I don't mind a small system "hiccup" every 30 seconds or so I can adjust the update frequency as such.

I haven't tried disconnecting the drives or the raid card to see if the problem persists.  Turning off SMART support and RAID member enumeration don't seem to have an effect.  In fact, I systematically uncheck things in stability, the only things that seem to have an effect are "Load kernel driver" and "low-level smbus operations."

I have a lot of other software installed.  I'm not sure if any of it would cause some sort of conflict, and booting into diagnostic mode is out of the question until tomorrow evening.  The problem persists if I close corsairLINK, which is the only other software I have that may monitor temperatures.

Anyway I think that sums up my problem and the things I've tried so far.  I would have waited until doing a diagnostic startup to see if there's anything but I'm hoping someone has a "magic fix" before tomorrow.  Either way thank you for your time and reading my rather verbose post.  If you need any other information or anything please let me know.

Edit: Oh, this also occurs on the newest 'stable' version as well as the beta version.

Do you have the option DIMM TS sensor support enabled in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability? If yes, then try to disable it, restart AIDA64, and let me know if the issue persists. If yes, then you can try disabling individual hardware monitor modules using right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> HWMon Modules. In order to access the bottom status bar, you may need to enable it first in AIDA64 / main menu / View.

Please let me know how it goes.

BTW, do you have Asus AI Suite installed?

Do you have the option DIMM TS sensor support enabled in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability? If yes, then try to disable it, restart AIDA64, and let me know if the issue persists. If yes, then you can try disabling individual hardware monitor modules using right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> HWMon Modules. In order to access the bottom status bar, you may need to enable it first in AIDA64 / main menu / View.

Please let me know how it goes.

BTW, do you have Asus AI Suite installed?

AI Suite isn't installed.

DIMM TS Sensor support is also not checked.

I think I did find a work around with disabling the HWMon mondues.  If I disable "motherboard" the problem stops.  The problem doesn't happen again even if I re-enable motherboard afterwards.

Please restart AIDA64, to make sure the latency issue comes back. Do not use the HWMon Modules trick for this test. Just right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump. Please copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach it as a TXT file to your post.