Wrong Battery wear level on iPad Pro 10.5"

edstyler

Hello,

I did noticed that battery wear on my new iPad Pro 10.5" is probable wrong, because it shows wear level 4.11 constantly, and Ipad have only few cycles.

please fix it!

And it would be awesome if there is temperature information of ios devices.

IMG_5326.PNG

Hi Edstyler,

According to teardowns, there is a 8134 mAh battery in the iPad Pro 10.5, and for some reason your device reporting back 7800 mAh. We have some submitted reports of higher battery capacity than yours. Please try to charge your device completely a few times, maybe your battery/charge controller needs some time to adjust. I agree that a 4% wear level for a new device like yours is seems high.

Also please try coconut Battery on macOS to get detailed battery information from your device, it has more access rights than we have from an iOS app.

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-07-27 at 4:49 AM, Mice007 said:

Hi Edstyler,

According to teardowns, there is a 8134 mAh battery in the iPad Pro 10.5, and for some reason your device reporting back 7800 mAh. We have some submitted reports of higher battery capacity than yours. Please try to charge your device completely a few times, maybe your battery/charge controller needs some time to adjust. I agree that a 4% wear level for a new device like yours is seems high.

Also please try coconut Battery on macOS to get detailed battery information from your device, it has more access rights than we have from an iOS app.

"The faster your battery is charged the more this affects battery health in a negative way. Charging via USB will often be better for the battery as using a wall charger."

damn i always thought the opposite!

On 27/07/2017 at 4:49 AM, Mice007 said:

Hi Edstyler,

how do i run the app file in iOS?

the coco FAQ does not tell.

thanks!

Hello,

I installed coconutBattery on my Mac, and I can tell you that new iPad Pro 10,5” have Designed capacity of usuable battery 7966 mAh, so you probable need to fix it in this app.

here is screenshots from coconut and aida64.

What you think about this?

thank you!

and relase date of this device is wrong,

952CFA26-83CA-403C-8C18-26BD228B23C7.jpeg

705A16C0-1408-4741-81E1-5B30AB376800.png

On 9/30/2017 at 12:02 AM, edstyler said:

Hello Mice,

please check my post before, after using CoconutBattery.

thank you!

Interesting.

If you check the iFixit teardown of this device, they found a  3.77 V, 8134 mAh, 30.8 Wh battery in it. We using this source as we cannot detect design capacity in iOS since iOS 10.

MrvjHdybmnwGYMIk.jpg

19 hours ago, Mice007 said:

Interesting.

If you check the iFixit teardown of this device, they found a  3.77 V, 8134 mAh, 30.8 Wh battery in it. We using this source as we cannot detect design capacity in iOS since iOS 10.

Is it possible that IOS for security purpose, or something utilize only 7966 mAh of battery life?
or we have here two hardware model of same device.

19 hours ago, edstyler said:

Is it possible that IOS for security purpose, or something utilize only 7966 mAh of battery life?
or we have here two hardware model of same device.

Design capacity is a detected value but honestly I don't know how Apple is determining this value. We have numerous reports before iOS10 when we were able to detect these values too and in a device with relatively new battery, the design capacity was usually lower than maximum charge capacity.

Here is an iPhone 6 from 2016 for example.

It has 1810 mAh battery, the reported design capacity were 1751 mAh, the maximum charge was 1820 mAh. This is very usual with new batteries.

If you have lower maximum charge than the physical battery capacity (the one that is written on the battery)  then it means it has some wear level, but around 5% I think you don't have to worry much about it, these reported values are not from a certified measurement instrument so accuracy can vary. 

10 hours ago, Mice007 said:

Design capacity is a detected value but honestly I don't know how Apple is determining this value. We have numerous reports before iOS10 when we were able to detect these values too and in a device with relatively new battery, the design capacity was usually lower than maximum charge capacity.

Here is an iPhone 6 from 2016 for example.

It has 1810 mAh battery, the reported design capacity were 1751 mAh, the maximum charge was 1820 mAh. This is very usual with new batteries.

If you have lower maximum charge than the physical battery capacity (the one that is written on the battery)  then it means it has some wear level, but around 5% I think you don't have to worry much about it, these reported values are not from a certified measurement instrument so accuracy can vary. 

Thank you for your answer. 

I will not worry anymore about battery wear level :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...