Ivy Bridge/Z77 temps (Asus P8Z77-Deluxe + Core i7-3770K)

Bitgod

I've got an ASUS P8Z77-Deluxe (beta UEFI 1050) and a 3770k that I just put together. I've noticed 1 weird thing in AIDA at this point...

Looking at the sensors listed in AIDA for the CPU, it has fields for CPU, CPU Package, CPU IA Cores, CPU GT Cores, and each of the individual cores. Now, ignore the IA and GT because they usually say the same as the package.

So, what's the difference between the CPU and CPU Package temp? Because at idle they all read the same-ish, except the CPU will be a few degrees lower. But when I'm stressing out the CPU, the cores and package temps will be like around 60 degrees, but the CPU temp will be around 40. Actually, testing it in a hotter room now, the CPU is still running about 20 degrees lower than the package and core temps.

Now, I'm not sure if this is an issue or not or if the CPU likes to fib. Using ASUS' own SW monitor, their CPU temp listing seems to be the same as the "CPU" temp in AIDA. What's the difference between "CPU" and "CPU Package"? It doesn't feel comfortable if we're getting CPU readings that are 20 degrees lower under stress than what the cores are really at.

"CPU" temperature is read from the onboard sensor chip, so it shows the processor socket or diode temperature measured by the sensor chip. Individual core temperatures, "CPU Package" and the rest of the mentioned temperatures are all measured by the CPU itself, using its integrated (on-die) temperature diodes. Of course the on-die diodes will show more accurate temperatures, since they're the ones that can follow the heating up or cooling down of the processor the quickest.

Regards,

Fiery

• 2 weeks later...

mb P8Z77-Deluxe ,Aida64 ver. 2.30.1938 do not show DRAM ,VCCIO ,VCCSA ,PCH ,PLL voltage

Are you sure your motherboard is capable of measuring those voltages? Can you see those voltages on the Monitor page in the BIOS Setup?

We've implemented the missing voltages for the Asus P8Z77 range of motherboards. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1947zvrd4ybg3hzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

1) Are you sure VCCSA voltage can be monitored? Does any other software show that reading?

2) Debug information in the reports can be disabled in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Report.

3) "ACPI : Unknown" usually means an incorrect ACPI table which has a blank or improper ACPI signature. BIOS usually uses such tricks to hide HPET or other ACPI tables.

4) We've added the mentioned Asus DVD burner to the AIDA64 optical drives database.

Thanks,

Fiery

i sure. VCCSA monitored in Bios and Asus AI Suite II

thanks for the information provided.

Please don't confuse "monitored" with "can be adjusted". In case AI Suite II can monitor it, then please attach a screen shot that shows AIDA64 Sensor page and AI Suite II sensor readings side-by-side.

Thanks,

Fiery