Mouseover thought bubble

Dutch

My Sensorpanel is design to fit in the old Gadget area of the desktop, and to reduce the footprint I implement a minimalistic approach which does not place values on the SensorPanel. If a color other than green shows, I need to investigate.

Food for thought: add a selection in the Bar Display Tab that allows specifying whether the Sensor Name and/or Sensor Value display in a Talk Bubble on mouseover of a Bar displayed on the SensorPanel.

Edit: minimized further... removed all values

Not easy to put such things dynamically on the already very complicated SensorPanel, but we'll work on it ;)

Understood, I thought placing and constraining the bubble may be an issue.

Another option is to be able to specify the position of the Sensor Name and the and the position of the Sensor Value on Bar mouseover. Then the user could leave a space on the SensorPanel where they would display.

Edit: or simpler yet, have a selection "mouseover" in the Sensor Label & Sensor Value tabs under Show Label & Show Value that only display those values on mouseover of the Bar.

Not sure if that would work as only one x/y is specifiable. I do use multiple instances of the same sensor to place Bars & Values in different positions, but then the bar is not enabled for the Value display.

• 2 months later...

Understood, I thought placing and constraining the bubble may be an issue.

Another option is to be able to specify the position of the Sensor Name and the and the position of the Sensor Value on Bar mouseover. Then the user could leave a space on the SensorPanel where they would display.

Curious if this is still under consideration?

A global "Mouse-Over: Y/N" in the main SesnsorPanel preferences would work, and if "Yes" is selected, the ability to specify the x/y where on the panel the information would display. For the displayed data, the user's label in the SensorPanel would be the best to display.

Yes, it's still under consideration, but as I've said, putting anything dynamically on the SensorPanel is not easy, especially when it is a hovering bubble. We don't think a static place to display such information is a good idea, but a hovering bubble would be best. Coming up with a proper rendering solution for that is a true challenge, since it would have to be indepent of the regular SensorPanel updates. For example, if you configure a 5 seconds update frequency for the SensorPanel, the hovering bubble has to be updated between 5-second panel updates to make it "smooth". We'll work on it, but right now we're inundated with things to do about the next AIDA64 stable release :(

Understood, and thank you for the reply.

I want to throw an idea out here that may be a bit esoteric, but the forum is titled Brainstorming, so here goes.

Airplane cockpits of old had rows and rows of gauges and indicators.

Modern cockpits have reduced the need for individual gauges and indicators by implementing a digital display that only displays the status of sensors that are outside defined acceptable parameters..

A SensorPanel user defined area that would display sensors marked to display anomalous data in the display area, would be beautiful indeed.

For temperature, voltage, fan status, and some others, I don't need, nor want to see a condition that says "I'm OK", but i always want to see sensors that are out of range.

I know the concept is poorly described, but hopefully the gist makes it across.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it's still under consideration, but as I've said, putting anything dynamically on the SensorPanel is not easy, especially when it is a hovering bubble. We don't think a static place to display such information is a good idea, but a hovering bubble would be best. Coming up with a proper rendering solution for that is a true challenge, since it would have to be indepent of the regular SensorPanel updates. For example, if you configure a 5 seconds update frequency for the SensorPanel, the hovering bubble has to be updated between 5-second panel updates to make it "smooth". We'll work on it, but right now we're inundated with things to do about the next AIDA64 stable release :(

To add some complexity to the thought-bubble issue, knowing how you enjoy a challenge :), it would be useful to show the min/max values also.

• 1 year later...

It's been a year, and i thought I would check if this is still being worked on?

Thank you.

Dutch

• 3 weeks later...