I found something weird in L2 Cache Benchmark

Clocks speeds are quite different everywhere. What was the actual clock speed did you have configured for your processor (BCLK, multiplier) and memory? (DRAM:BCLK ratio)

Thanks,

Fiery

I think those info are in the attachment.

The last one is just a copy of first (Don't know why I only uploaded three pictures).

The first is the default in the win 7

The second is from windows 7

And the third is from windows 8

I know clocks are displayed on the pictures, but I was wondering whether the clocks were measured right or wrong?

The first is the default in the win 7

The second is from windows 7

What's the difference between those two runs?

What's the difference between those two runs?

The second is the overclocked one in windows 7…

The third is also over clocked but In windows 8 and in 13x multiplier

The first is the default, I tried to overclock it and It does (it increased performance image 2) still using windows 7

Then I installed windows 8 and increase the CPU multiplier by one step (it decreased L2 Cache performance a lot)

Thank you. It seems something weird is going on in the Windows 8 kernel about CPU caches. The issue can be experienced on both AMD and Intel processors, so we've contacted both companies to find out what's behind this, and whether we could fix it or get around it. I'll let you know in this topic once we have an update to this matter.

Thank you. It seems something weird is going on in the Windows 8 kernel about CPU caches. The issue can be experienced on both AMD and Intel processors, so we've contacted both companies to find out what's behind this, and whether we could fix it or get around it. I'll let you know in this topic once we have an update to this matter.

It may be the Win8CP Ndis bug, alot of Consumer preview testers are seeing the NDIS driver consume alot of cpu and cause extremely high dpc latency which could be delaying the aida64 cache test.

It may be the Win8CP Ndis bug, alot of Consumer preview testers are seeing the NDIS driver consume alot of cpu and cause extremely high dpc latency which could be delaying the aida64 cache test.

I don't think NDIS is causing this, I'm thinking of booth CPU driver and the new WDDM.

So far we've been able ot narrow it down to the memory allocation Windows API call. Other software are also affected by this anomaly. We'll wait for the Win8 Release Preview before drawing any further conclusion. We're also waiting for AMD's and Intel's investigation to finish.