fixed: AIDA64 won't open after gaming
Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:44 AM
Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:15 PM
2) Do you use Windows 7 64-bit SP1?
3) What kind of video card(s) do you have? Any SLI or CrossFire configurations?
4) What version of AIDA64 and video driver do you have installed?
5) What motherboard and CPU do you have?
6) Does the problem persist if you disable SMART support? (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability / Low-level SMART operations) Note: you need to restart AIDA64 after altering that option.
7) Does the problem persist if you disable GPU sensor support? (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability / GPU sensor support) Note: you need to restart AIDA64 after altering that option.
Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:21 PM
2) Yes I use Windows 7 64-bit SP1
3) I have the Sparkle x580 Calibre Nvidia GTX 580. No SLI or Crossfire
4) I'm using the latest Beta version of AIDA64 2.50.2003 and have the latest WHQL Nvidia Display Driver 301.42
5) Gigabyte X58A UD7 (rev. 1.0) and i7 920 CPU
6) I haven't tested that yet with SMART support disabled.
7) I haven't tested this yet with GPU Sensor support disabled.
The problem started just recently, within 4 days. What could be causing this coincided with my installation of HDSentinel Standard Edition that BitsDuJour offered a license forever if responding by June 4th I believe it was. I have SMART enabled in HDSentinel of course. Could the two programs (HDSentinel and AIDA64) be conflicting with each other? I have used the non registered HD Sentinel Pro version without conflicts with AIDA64, but I didn't have HD Sentinel Pro start with Windows, so it wasn't a process in the Task Manager or monitoring SMART status. I would just occasionally open up HD Sentinel Pro to check SMART and Health status and then exit out and close HD Sentinel Pro. I'll just keep using AIDA64 for SMART status as I have so far, with HDSentinel Standard version that I have now, not being open or starting with Windows, so it's not a running process, but opened seldomly for a short time to check SMART and Health status. I'd rather not disable SMART or GPU Sensor supports, being very certain it's not those. I'll get back to you later tonight Fiery after gaming to see if having HDSentinel not running as a process solves this issue with not being able to open AIDA64.
Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:53 AM
I just thought of something, the video driver version I currently have, 301.42, I've had installed since the time this problem started. With this version installed, I've had a BSOD and this sluggishness opening Event Viewer and programs, and I bet it's the new driver doing this. I'm going to go back to the 285.62 Nvidia driver and see if that resolves this issue. The 285.62 version worked the best for me, and I had it the longest of any driver yet with no issues. Will let you know tomorrow night after gaming if the previous version 285.62 driver fixes this.
Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 PM
Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:46 AM
Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:31 AM
CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:42 AM
Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:33 AM
Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:34 PM
Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:22 AM
Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:50 AM
Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:05 PM
Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:33 AM
Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:56 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users