• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 francisw19

francisw19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

So, I'm using AIDA64 to monitor my system in real time. I have a Corsair H100 cooler, and I use the Alerts section to shut down my PC if the CPU temps exceed a certain temperature and if the CPU Fan RPM (same as the H100 Pump speed) falls too low in case the H100 fails.

A few times now, I've had my system just shut down on me (to be clear, this is a proper shut down - NOT just instant power off). With a bit of digging, I found that AIDA64 detected the CPU Fan Speed to be "0 RPM" for just a split second and then shuts down my PC because of the alert setting I mentioned above.

So, I'd like to request a feature on the Alerts settings. Perhaps something that says the particular reading must read high/low for a specified period of time before the alert is activated. For example, if the CPU Fan RPM reads "0 RPM" for 5 seconds, then shut down.

I hope this makes sense. Implementing something like this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 KC8DKT

KC8DKT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

This would be GREAT, it would need 3 readings at what ever update freq. you have set before it would pwr down.

#3 Fiery

Fiery

AIDA64 Developer

• Administrators
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Alerting is a part of AIDA64 that definitely needs improvement. It should be way more flexible than it is now. We'll work on it later this year, and hopefully we can introduce a revamped Alerting module soon. We're watching this topic, and also the other topics about Alerting-related matters, so make sure to post your experiences, ideas and requests here, and discuss how would you imagine a new Alerting facility in AIDA64.

Thanks,
Fiery

#4 Fernando Gregoire

Fernando Gregoire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

I have the idea of reading alerts aloud with SAPI text-to-speech engines. It would be great specially when users want to receive alerts about hardware (e.g. overtemperatures) when using full screen programs such as games.

Fernando Gregoire,

AIDA64 Spanish translator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users