MSI GTX 680 Lightning VRM Temps

Eluder

Hi there, recently picked up an MSI GTX 680 Lightning and wondering if Aida64 can be updated to include the VRM temps? If possible, also the Memory temps since this card seems to have a controller to read all these temps.

MSI's Afterburner tool supports the temperature reading/display of this card to its fullest, so it would be great if Aida64 was updated to support these extra temps as well.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic.

Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you. If it's possible, please create an I2C Dump using MSI Afterburner too. Steps to do that:

1) Open a Command Prompt

2) Navigate to Afterburner's installation folder, by typing in:

cd "%programfiles(x86)%\MSI Afterburner"

3) Create an Afterburner I2C Dump by typing in:

MSIAfterburner.exe -i2cdump

4) If you did it properly, then a message box should appear stating "I2C dump has been saved to the application folder". If that's the case, then please send us the I2CDUMP.TXT file you can find in Afterburner's installation folder.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you :) Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.co...71ky1xzfcthvzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Then please create and send us an updated nVIDIA GPU Registers dump and a nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Please also check if any new readings appear on the Computer / Sensor page.

Thank you. We've renamed the 2 new temperatures to match Afterburner readings in the following new special AIDA64 beta release:

http://users.aida64....2_lightning.zip

If it's possible, please submit a new nVIDIA SMBus Dump, since there was a small glitch in the previous AIDA64 beta about that. We may be able to add more readings for the onboard CHL8318 chip using the dump ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

Attached is the dump.

One thing to note, you have the names reversed.

Currently the GPU VRM temperature is reporting the GPU Memory temperature and vice versa. Would appreciate a fix for that please. :)

Will all this be incorporated in to the next beta/final, or will I always have to use this special version of Aida?

Thanks for the awesome help btw!

nvidiasmbusdump.zip

Thank you :) We've fixed the temperature labels, and also implemented support for the CHL8318 chip of your video card. A new special AIDA64 beta is available at:

http://users.aida64.com/aida64extreme_build_2073_lightning.zip

Please verify all GPU-related readings on the Sensor page. If everything looks fine, then we'll of course roll out these improvements in the next regular AIDA64 beta update, and in the upcoming AIDA64 stable release as well.