How to collect reports from computers with AIDA64 Business Edition

My Teory Is:

I have one network with 20 computers (in domain or not in domain - Does it matter?)

I have 1 server - Windows Server 2003 x86/ Windows Server 2008 R2

I have 19 desktop PCs - Windows XP 32bit / Windows7 32bit/64bit

I have 20 AIDA64 Business Edition License

I would like to collect only hardware data from the desktop PCs to the server in one shared directory in one file or separeted files. What format is the best for this?

Every month I would like to open the report file and see the hardware changes.

How can i solve this?

Thanks for the answer! :)

If your computers are in a domain, then it's quite easy. You just need to add a new line to your central users logon script, launching AIDA64 Business Edition from a shared folder from your file server. Example line:

\\server\share\aida64folder\aida64.exe /R \\server\share\aida64reports\$DATE\$HOSTNAME /CSV /AUDIT /SAFE /SILENT

You need to provide read-only access to \\server\share\aida64folder for your desktop users, and write-only access to \\server\share\aida64reports.

Note that the above example would place reports inside a new folder every day. It will enable you to use AIDA64 Change Manager to see what hardware or software changes occured in the previous period.

You can find explanation on the command-line options in the AIDA64 User's Manual. In the above example I've used /AUDIT, which would place both hardware and software information to the reports. Limiting report content to hardware information may not be the best idea in the long run. Even if you don't use the gathered software information now, they may come useful sometime in the future ;)

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks for the answer I will study the user manual i promise! :rolleyes:

This option collects reports from each computer to "one big" report file? Or i get more files?

I would like the simpliest view! I would like one report file and click on it to see my computers hardware information! :D

Best wishes!

That solution collects reports into multiple files, resulting in one CSV report for each computer every day. So if all your users log into their computers every single day, it would mean 19 x 365 = 6935 reports per year. Putting reports into a single file would make it difficult to sort unnecessary reports out, to remove old reports (when e.g. your move a PC out of the network), etc. If you don't want to manage a lot of report files, then SQL database could be an alternative to CSV reports.

Thanks for the answer again!

I tried the SQL way with these:

Windows 2008 R2 + SQL Express 2008 SP3 with Mangement Studio

But I could not create the database for AIDA64. :( So I decided to go easier way...

So then my next question: What is the best and easiest SQL configuration for AIDA64 Business?

What's the steps from the begining? :rolleyes:

All i want to see more happy people! :D

I tried this command line:

"\\server\share\aida64.exe /R \\server\share\$DATE\report /TEXT /CUSTOM \\server\share\aida64_report.rpf /SAFE /SILENT /NOICONS"

Every computer I made a scheduled task. It runs that command line once in a month.

But this solution requires manual activity, because I have to open the riport files one by one and make a clear chart to see the hardware information or changes. :)

My intent to make an automatized report system with AIDA64 BE, witch I can see in one chart all the hardware information (CPU/Memory/Motherboard/HDD - OS) from the computers or if anything changes. The goal is this to get a clear hardware report at every month.

All I need some good advises! Please help! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 27.08.2012 at 11:57 PM, Fiery said:

If your computers are in a domain, then it's quite easy. You just need to add a new line to your central users logon script, launching AIDA64 Business Edition from a shared folder from your file server. Example line:

\\server\share\aida64folder\aida64.exe /R \\server\share\aida64reports\$DATE\$HOSTNAME /CSV /AUDIT /SAFE /SILENT

You need to provide read-only access to \\server\share\aida64folder for your desktop users, and write-only access to \\server\share\aida64reports.

Note that the above example would place reports inside a new folder every day. It will enable you to use AIDA64 Change Manager to see what hardware or software changes occured in the previous period.

You can find explanation on the command-line options in the AIDA64 User's Manual. In the above example I've used /AUDIT, which would place both hardware and software information to the reports. Limiting report content to hardware information may not be the best idea in the long run. Even if you don't use the gathered software information now, they may come useful sometime in the future ;)

Regards,

Fiery

Hello! Is it possible to generate two passports at the same time - csv and htm in different directories? Can you show an example of a line?

On ‎2017‎. ‎11‎. ‎10‎. at 12:25 PM, Alexander said:

Hello! Is it possible to generate two passports at the same time - csv and htm in different directories? Can you show an example of a line?

No, it's not possible.  But you can launch AIDA64 twice, first with /CSV, then with /HTML.

• 6 years later...

Здравствуйте! нужно собрать отчет по пк (пк в домене), создал папку с aida64, открыл общий доступ. Для запуска создал bat файл, в групповую политику прописал bat файл. когда захожу в пк под доменной учеткой ничего не происходит, что может быть.