OSD in Game and more

NightCrawlerâ„¢

Might as well throw this one again into the group..

Will there be an option to get an OSD panel visible in a 3D environment like games so we can monitor the sensors in game rather then having to tab to the desktop..?

Also regarding the OSD.. will there be an option where the user can customize the OSD appearance.. as in how many colums or the choice between vertical or horizontal alignment etc..

For instance I use the OSD quite a lot.. but it always lists the sensors top to bottom.. I'd rather see them from left to right..

Maybe even set an option where the user can add his own icons, skin items etc.. so it can become fully customizable..

• Like 1

We may implement a 3D game support for the OSD, but only next year. It's not easy, since we gotta implement different hook modules for Direct3D 9, D3D 10/11, OpenGL, Vista/Win7, etc.

Our short term plan is not boosting the OSD, but to develop a completely different, new feature that would offer a fully customizable placing, a bit like how you can place an item on any (X,Y) position on a Logitech G15/G19 LCD screen with AIDA64. Also, visually more appealing item variants (not just simple text), like customizable bar gauges that would indicate the status of a reading with different colour. Green = temperature is cool, yellow = it gets warm, red = it's hot. Maybe even flashing an item when it gets over a limit (e.g. voltage or temperature), or under a limit (e.g. a fan RPM or voltage). And of course, placing of one or more custom BMP images anywhere on the panel, so users can put their video card logo, CPU logo, or any other elements onto the panel.

The custom skins and other visual tricks may come only as a second step, we prefer not to "bite" too much at first :)

I'll of course let you know here as soon as we have something to try out :)

• 1 month later...

I came to the forum to see if I could find some decent wallpapers for my G19, but this will be well worth waiting for!

I bought a G19 purely to be able to display Everest so that I could monitor my temps and loadings while in game. Unfortunately Everest had a problem with ATI 5970s.... SooOne expensive keyboard and one monitoring program rendered pretty much useless for me. I repeatedly asked Everest if it would be fixed and their solution was unacceptable to me - disabling ULPS.

So I was super excited to learn that AIDA64 had addressed the lockup issues! Now I only have to get it prettied up and displayed on my G19! Imagine my excitement when I learned that G19 compatability is to be enhanced further. I'm really looking forward to the prospect of some of the features you mention such as customisable gauges and skins - am I correct in understanding that these would also be available for the G19 display as well as OSD?

So a two very big thumbs up from me because, let's face it, the G19 LCD is expensive and rather useless without this sort of functionality....

In the meantime, my only request would be to maybe post some AIDA64 wallpapers for the G19.

Great work guys, really looking forward to AIDA64 developing over the coming months.

;):):)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ability to monitor relevant in game [3D] system readouts via a software implementation like RivaTuner offered or offers on screen would, I'm sure, see the take-up and usage of this already outstanding application increase significantly.

Maybe we could see a team-up temporary or otherwise with Unwinder to achieve this end result? :D

Plugins already exist for various hardware etc. etc.

• 3 weeks later...

"develop a completely different, new feature that would offer a fully customizable placing, a bit like how you can place an item on any (X,Y) position on a Logitech G15/G19 LCD screen with AIDA64"

I found this thread through a Google search. After giving it a read I just wanted to see if the AIDA64 team has made any advances in the OSD department. I really would like the see this type of thing described above happen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If in game FPS is implemented AND the horrible game lag every 5 seconds when AIDA64 is running disappears, I WILL DEFINITELY BUY THIS SOFTWARE..in the meantime I'll just stick with MSI AFTERBURNER which is free and works with my G19, just not as pretty. Also there's no CPU and memory readings from Afterburner. So a definite buy from me if this all gets sorted out soon.

edit: so i discovered that v1.00.1111 is the only version that doesnt screw up my gaming experience . No frame drops every 5 seconds as i was getting in v1.50 and v1.60 ( including betas).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm afraid we have no plans about OSD in games for 2011. We've implemented Rivatuner OSD Server support to let you put AIDA64 readings via Rivatuner onto OSD in games. I know, it's not a convenient method, but at least there's a way now to make that work ;)

We may implement a 3D game support for the OSD, but only next year. It's not easy, since we gotta implement different hook modules for Direct3D 9, D3D 10/11, OpenGL, Vista/Win7, etc.

... new feature that would offer a fully customizable placing, a bit like how you can place an item on any (X,Y) position on a Logitech G15/G19 LCD screen with AIDA64. Also, visually more appealing item variants (not just simple text), like customizable bar gauges that would indicate the status of a reading with different colour. Green = temperature is cool, yellow = it gets warm, red = it's hot. Maybe even flashing an item when it gets over a limit (e.g. voltage or temperature), or under a limit (e.g. a fan RPM or voltage). And of course, placing of one or more custom BMP images anywhere on the panel, so users can put their video card logo, CPU logo, or any other elements onto the panel.

+1 for all those new ideas. Can't wait for them... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...