What does your SensorPanel Look Like?

strife1013

Hello all

I am new here but have been using AIDA64 and I like the idea of the new Sensor Panel but I am unsure how I want mine to look like. I was wanting to know what some of examples of what people have put together here so that I can get a general idea of what I like and how I should go about creating my Sensor Panel.

Fiery,the more I play with your SensorPanel, the more I am impressed with the thought and effort that went into the design. Quite apart from general cosmetic changes (that I'm sure you will add over time) it is extremely intuitive and flexible. The ability to change the colors at different levels and use the four arrows to properly position the items etc. etc. are greatly appreciated. It continues the tradition of quality you established with your software. Thanks

Fiery,the more I play with your SensorPanel, the more I am impressed with the thought and effort that went into the design. Quite apart from general cosmetic changes (that I'm sure you will add over time) it is extremely intuitive and flexible. The ability to change the colors at different levels and use the four arrows to properly position the items etc. etc. are greatly appreciated. It continues the tradition of quality you established with your software. Thanks

Thank you, I'm glad you find it useful. It took us a lot more time to design and develop the SensorPanel module than we've ever imagined, but the feedbacks so far are very positive. We were a bit afraid of the complexity of the panel items configuration, but it seems everyone likes to play with it and tweak it for hours :)

lol, the hard part is defining the layout... formatting options appear to all be there.

One request for the future hopper is to be able to specify the SensorPanel height/width on the File/Preference/SensorPanel page. My hand is not so steady and my dragging results are questionable at best.

SensorPanel reminds me of SFKilla's Multimeter, which appears to have gone underground.

http://tinyurl.com/yj6tgnn

lol, the hard part is defining the layout... formatting options appear to all be there.

One request for the future hopper is to be able to specify the SensorPanel height/width on the File/Preference/SensorPanel page. My hand is not so steady and my dragging results are questionable at best.

SensorPanel reminds me of SFKilla's Multimeter, which appears to have gone underground.

http://tinyurl.com/yj6tgnn

We'll soon implement the requested improvement. Until then, you can precisely set the SensorPanel dimensions by doing:

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

In there two keys represent the SensorPanel dimensions:

SensorPanelWidth

SensorPanelHeight

4) After changing those values, close Registry Editor, and start AIDA64

Regards,

Fiery

We'll soon implement the requested improvement. Until then, you can precisely set the SensorPanel dimensions by doing:

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

In there two keys represent the SensorPanel dimensions:

SensorPanelWidth

SensorPanelHeight

4) After changing those values, close Registry Editor, and start AIDA64

Regards,

Fiery

Worked like a charm, thank you.

This is what I have made up, just used a part of my wallpaper as an image and moved it to the top of the list in SensorPanel Manager so it looks like the panel is suspended over the desktop.

This latest release of AIDA64 is the biz, because now I can monitor on the desktop as I test new overclocks and bench as well as monitor all system stats while in game.

Just a fantastic piece of software :-).

Thanks to Fiery and team !

post-308-062727200 1309160301_thumb.jpg

An UPDATE to give an idea how this can look on a desktop, here is a link to a new sensor panel I made up in use.

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/screenshots/windows/#/d3z90yz

We've implemented accurate (pixel-level) SensorPanel resizing option in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / SensorPanel in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1462zqf1bnw9axzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

We've implemented accurate (pixel-level) SensorPanel resizing option in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / SensorPanel in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.co...62zqf1bnw9axzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

That's responsive ;)

I copied all files over... would just copying the .exe file have been sufficient?

That's responsive ;)

I copied all files over... would just copying the .exe file have been sufficient?

In this particular case replacing AIDA64.EXE would have been sufficient. But to be on the safe side, replacing all files is generally recommended.

• Like 1

Except the .ini file, if I want to regain my settings?

Correct. Although, keep in mind that we never include .INI files in our beta or stable AIDA64 packages. So if you download the latest AIDA64 ZIP package, and extract all files from it into your existing AIDA64 installation folder, all your previous settings will be retained.

OK, pressing the largesse of the developers, i have an esoteric request.

First, here is what I have started:

sample1.png

(Sorry, not familiar with thumbnail usage)

I set the bar max value to 0, so the bar is always full, and as the sensor value ranges through the various limits, it switches color reflecting the levels set in the bar limit values. Essentially making it a multicolor LED.

In the display above I would like to be able to place 5 buttons in a row, but due to my design criteria that it matches gadgets in width, I am limited to 125 pixels.

My conflict arises with the current minimum bar width of 20 pixels. Is it possible to reduce the minimum bar width? If there are scaling issues, perhaps a quick test to see if max bar value is zero?

I am having fun playing with this :)

Thank you.

Edit: setting the bar Max value to zero (0) does not work... the color stays at the lowest level setting regardless of the sensor value. Use one (1) as the bar Max setting and the bar will be full with the color following the limit settings.

Got the 5 button panel in thanks to smaller bar width allowed ;)

sample2.png

Couple panels to go, but the pattern has been set, and the rest should go faster.

The pixel level formatting is great, and the ability to select multiple objects in the SensorPanel Manager and move them all in sync by clicking the up/down/side arrows is very efficient.

The buttons and background I use were easily generated at http://cooltext.com/Buttons (I have NO affiliation with them), a fairly powerful and flexible button generation site.

Is there a way I can set the SensorPanel background to clear/transparent to have the panels float over the desktop?

Great work.

Thank you.

Dutch

Is there a way I can set the SensorPanel background to clear/transparent to have the panels float over the desktop?

It's not possible. Other users achieved that by cutting the part of the Desktop background image and using it as a background image on the SensorPanel ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I was looking to start a thread where everyone posts their sensorpanel display; apparently this one was already here, so I figured I would just join the party. I have had Aida 64 for some time, and have been using the OSD. I somehow caught wind of the sensor panel just last night (I didn't know about it), and after a few hours this is what my display looks like (this is my left monitor).

sTV0H.jpg

I'm quite happy with how it came out, and I thought I would share.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I was looking to start a thread where everyone posts their sensorpanel display; apparently this one was already here, so I figured I would just join the party. I have had Aida 64 for some time, and have been using the OSD. I somehow caught wind of the sensor panel just last night (I didn't know about it), and after a few hours this is what my display looks like (this is my left monitor).

sTV0H.jpg

I'm quite happy with how it came out, and I thought I would share.

Very elegant layout. Really like your product icons. Is it possible you could attach them for download. Thanks

• Like 1