Standalone PC Audit

I often undertake IT audits for clients. I'm looking to automate this task and my research led me to Aida64. Is this product able to allow me to install Aida64 Business on a standalone client PC, and have the findings written to an Access database (perhaps stored on a USB drive)?

I've installed it as a trial on my PC, and modified the DB preferences to point at the DB - Access.mdb file, but no data is written. Is there something I'm missing in the process or abilities of this software?

• Haha 1

Yes, it should be possible to do that. You need to choose MS Access 2000/XP/2003 as Provider, select the .MDB file as Database. Then you can create reports using the Report Wizard. Make sure to select ADO as report format.

Regards,

Fiery

I've tried this several times, but each time the DB remains empty. I've definitely chosen Access in the Database preferences, and DBO in the Report Wizard. This is in the trial version, as I'm not willing to buy it unless I'm happy with the DB functionality.

Also, is it possible to run Aida64 without installation, particularly from a USB drive?

Make sure to use DB - Access.mdb file, not the Access'97 one. The trial version should be able to put the report into the database.

No installation is required for AIDA64. You can use it from a flash drive or SD card if you want. You can even run it from a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM disc, although that way you cannot save data on the disc ;)

I've checked the database location in Aida64 many times, and can guarantee the database it's pointing at has no records in it. I've ensured hidden objects are being shown. The Report, NextID and Item tables are all empty. However, the last modified time/date on the database file aligns with the time/date of running a report. Very weird.

Windows 7 64bit. Office 2003 SP3

We've done some test runs today on a similar configuration, but found everything working as expected. The only thing I can think of is reverting back to the original DB - Access.mdb file you can find in AIDA64 installation package. Make sure to verify if there is an Unblock button in the file's Preferences. If there's one, then push the Unblock button.