Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Skuggan

Any App for Razer DeathStalker Ultimate?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, NahuelCC said:

Thanks for testing this out! Please can you report to Razer the bug you've found too?

I will report it, but Razer showed 0 interest in the Switchblade UI during the last few years. I don't know if they would care if only a single user reports this issue. Maybe there is a better chance of them fixing this bug if FinalWare ask them.

The problem with us reporting the bug is 2-fold:

1) We're not an actual customer to them, even though we own a few Razer test devices.

2) The sort of automatic response would be that it's the fault of AIDA64, and that we're using the protocol incorrectly.  And since it's no way to downgrade Synapse (AFAIK) to an older release to check if it works, and then gradually upgrade to newer and newer releases in "baby steps", we alone cannot test this whole issue in the classic way.  The classic way of bug-hunting is to go back in time until we can find a point where the protocol works fine on both ends -- but with the silly cloud and fully automated manner of Synapse, this isn't possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiery said:

The problem with us reporting the bug is 2-fold:

1) We're not an actual customer to them, even though we own a few Razer test devices.

2) The sort of automatic response would be that it's the fault of AIDA64, and that we're using the protocol incorrectly.  And since it's no way to downgrade Synapse (AFAIK) to an older release to check if it works, and then gradually upgrade to newer and newer releases in "baby steps", we alone cannot test this whole issue in the classic way.  The classic way of bug-hunting is to go back in time until we can find a point where the protocol works fine on both ends -- but with the silly cloud and fully automated manner of Synapse, this isn't possible.

Yeah, I wanted to downgrade to test which was the last version of Synapse that worked with AIDA64, then I realized it's impossible to downgrade.

I understand what you mean, I also thought they will give me an automatic response like: "AIDA64's fault, reinstall drivers, unplug the keyboard, try on a different PC, reinstall windows, move to another country, etc.", but they actually asked me to provide some logs files.

I reported the bug via live chat with a Razer representative. I showed the video and pointed them to this thread. This was their response:

Quote

It seems like we will need to take a closer look to investigate your issue.  Our developers have requested the following information and log files from your side in order for them to troubleshoot the issue from our end. We would need the log file and the Msinfo file.
How to get the Synapse Logs
You will have to navigate to the following locations and compress the contents of each folder to a compressed / zipped file. The program data folder may be hidden and you'll need to un-hide it first.
- C:\ProgramData\Razer\Synapse\Logs
- C:\ProgramData\Razer\InGameEngine\logs
- C:\ProgramData\Razer\Services\Logs
- C:\ProgramData\Razer\GameScanner\Data 
- C:\Windows\Installer\{0CD55593-F275-4aea-92B2-9170B5A14644}

(If the issue started after an update, then make sure to include the following logs as well: )
- C:\ProgramData\Razer\Synapse\ProductUpdates\UpdaterWorkList.current.xml
- C:\ProgramData\Razer\Synapse\ProductUpdates\UpdaterWorkList.previous.xml

How to get the MSinfo
1. Press Windows Key + R.
2. Type MSInfo32 and press Enter.
3. In the MSInfo diagnostic window, click File, then Save.
4. When the Save As window appears, choose Desktop, then Save.
5. Compress this file into a single folder and attach to your reply email. 
How To Compress
Right click on the file > mouse over "Send To"> select "Compressed Folder")
Do inform us if you have any trouble performing the steps above and we will assist you further. We would like to thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Quote

Our Development Team will still need to look and troubleshoot on this issue from our end. We'll send you feedback the soonest possible time.

I provided them with the logs files and pointed out that the issue is independent from my system configuration (both hardware and software), since the exact same bug was replicated by FinalWare AIDA64's developers on their test machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, NahuelCC said:

Yeah, I wanted to downgrade to test which was the last version of Synapse that worked with AIDA64, then I realized it's impossible to downgrade.

I understand what you mean, I also thought they will give me an automatic response like: "AIDA64's fault, reinstall drivers, unplug the keyboard, try on a different PC, reinstall windows, move to another country, etc.", but they actually asked me to provide some logs files.

I reported the bug via live chat with a Razer representative. I showed the video and pointed them to this thread. This was their response:

I provided them with the logs files and pointed out that the issue is independent from my system configuration (both hardware and software), since the exact same bug was replicated by FinalWare AIDA64's developers on their test machines.

They seem to be helpful on this, which is indeed a rarity these days.  Let's see if they could replicate the issue on their own test systems.  If they ask you about it, feel free to let them know that we are more then happy to work with them to resolve this issue, as long as they're fine with communicating us directly (in email, preferably).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fiery said:

They seem to be helpful on this, which is indeed a rarity these days.  Let's see if they could replicate the issue on their own test systems.  If they ask you about it, feel free to let them know that we are more then happy to work with them to resolve this issue, as long as they're fine with communicating us directly (in email, preferably).

Yes, I wasn't expecting for them to be so receptive. Let's hope they actually try to solve the issue.

I will ask them next week. You could PM an email address to put you in contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎21‎. at 11:38 AM, NahuelCC said:

Yes, I wasn't expecting for them to be so receptive. Let's hope they actually try to solve the issue.

I will ask them next week. You could PM an email address to put you in contact.

I've sent you my email address in private message ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NahuelCC said:

I've just send you a PM asking for it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great minds read each other ;):D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Great minds read each other ;):D

hahah absolutely! :D 

I sent them your email. Let's hope they get in touch with you so you can work together on fixing this.

Thanks for all your help Fiery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Fiery I give you an update on what happened. This was Razer response on the subject.

06/23

Quote

Hello Nahuel,

Thanks for contacting Razer Software Support Team,

I have escalated your issue to our development team. You might be contacted by them soon in regards to your issue.

We would truly like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Sebastian
Razer - CSM

06/27

Quote

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to go through a few simple troubleshooting steps and to provide us with more information. Unfortunately we don't have a fix for your issue as of yet, however we have forwarded it to our development team who will take it into consideration for possible fixes. Please ensure you keep your Razer software up to date to take advantage of future bug fixes.

We appreciate you taking the time to help improve Razer software.

Sincerely,
Razer - CSM

 

Sadly, it seems they won't be fixing this bug anytime soon.

 

In the meantime, I've found a way to use AIDA64 with the keyboard. I can enable and disable the LCD support every time I want to monitor my system. I know it's not the most elegant solution... but could you please implement a hotkey for disabling the LCD support? That would be really useful to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎28‎. at 1:03 AM, NahuelCC said:

but could you please implement a hotkey for disabling the LCD support? That would be really useful to me.

Disabling would be possible, but enabling it is not possible, since there's no single switch to enable "all LCD" modules.  Disabling all LCD modules is easy, since usually you have only one enabled (in your case, Razer).  But it would be quite overkill and risky to implement a global "enable all LCD" modules, due to the complexity and diversity of various LCD protocols...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fiery said:

Disabling would be possible, but enabling it is not possible, since there's no single switch to enable "all LCD" modules.  Disabling all LCD modules is easy, since usually you have only one enabled (in your case, Razer).  But it would be quite overkill and risky to implement a global "enable all LCD" modules, due to the complexity and diversity of various LCD protocols...

I understand. Would it be possible to enable/disable an specific LCD module?

It was my mistake not to clarify that I only wanted to disable the Razer module, not all of them.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NahuelCC said:

I understand. Would it be possible to enable/disable an specific LCD module?

It was my mistake not to clarify that I only wanted to disable the Razer module, not all of them.  :P

I know :) The problem with such approach is that AIDA64 supports over 50 LCD protocols, and it's not the best idea to cherry-pick from them.  And we don't want to implement 100 more separate hot-key options either, to cover enabling+disabling the 50 different LCD protocols :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2017 at 10:25 AM, Fiery said:

I know :) The problem with such approach is that AIDA64 supports over 50 LCD protocols, and it's not the best idea to cherry-pick from them.  And we don't want to implement 100 more separate hot-key options either, to cover enabling+disabling the 50 different LCD protocols :)

I understand that it would be a hassle to implement a lot of hotkey options for each LCD protocol... but the LCD module for the Razer Deathstalker is broken with the current update of Synapse. I know is not AIDA64 fault, but the LCD panel is currently unusable. That's why I believe a workaround is necessary, otherwise you might as well remove the Razer module :(

If you could make an exception, implementing a single hotkey for enabling/disabling the module wouldn't be so hard to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 9:02 PM, NahuelCC said:

I understand that it would be a hassle to implement a lot of hotkey options for each LCD protocol... but the LCD module for the Razer Deathstalker is broken with the current update of Synapse. I know is not AIDA64 fault, but the LCD panel is currently unusable. That's why I believe a workaround is necessary, otherwise you might as well remove the Razer module :(

If you could make an exception, implementing a single hotkey for enabling/disabling the module wouldn't be so hard to do.

We've added the requested new hot key in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, Fiery said:

We've added the requested new hot key in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Thank you so much for implementing this Fiery! You are awesome! :D

I will test this asap and report you back.

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NahuelCC said:

Thank you so much for implementing this Fiery! You are awesome! :D

I will test this asap and report you back.

Thanks again!

Anytime ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×