Any App for Razer DeathStalker Ultimate?

Skuggan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello again !

I have found another strange thing: there is some incompatibilities between Aida64 and Asus Fan Control service. (AsusFanControlService.exe) Sometimes all fans starting to spin at maximum rpm. It happens completely randomly. I have to restart this service manually. After searching from internet i have found other people in some forums with similar problem and almost every time they claim that turning off Aida64 helps - no more problem. As i understand, there might be some issues when more than one program is monitoring sensors, but i have turned off all monitoring from Asus program - only fan control is active, no monitoring, but the problem is still here. Since Aida64 is one of the most useful program in my opinion, i don't want to abandon it, but i also need Asus Fan Control, because without it every fan is at maximum. And there is no alternative that really works.

Maybe there is some setting in Aida64 that must be set in certain way ?

My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z77 and OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

That is unfortunately a known issue of Asus AI Suite software components. We've asked Asus a number of times to do something about it, since it's their software's fault that it fails to implement the industry standard synchronization techniques that would assure their software could side-exist with other monitoring and tweaking software like AfterBurner, AIDA64, CoreTemp, CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, Rivatuner, SIV, SpeedFan, etc. All those listed software are in sync with each other, but Asus wouldn't wanna "join the show", no matter how many of those software authors would ask them...

Meh.. that's unfortunate. I guss i have to live with that then. At least it is not dangerous to the system, when all fans starting to rotate at maximum - cooling is better, only very noisy. I just have to restart their service time to time. Good to know it's not Aida64's fault.

And now coming back to the start of this whole topic, is there any news from Razer about their app for Aida64 ?

And now coming back to the start of this whole topic, is there any news from Razer about their app for Aida64 ?

Razer doesn't have to develop anything, since AIDA64 v4.60 (latest version) already implements full native support for Razer (and many other) LCDs ;)

Well.. it was a long shot anyway. For some reason i cannot see Razer forums - all topics are empty if i open them. Even after i reinstalled Windows and with different browsers. It is just weird. But thanks for answer.

We use their developer forums:

http://developer.razerzone.com/

I'm not sure how appropriate would be to post your user/customer requests there though...

Ok, thanks. I will try that. In the mean time i have one more question about Aida64: is it possible to add more pages to LCD instead of four ? It is frustrating to have to delete a page to create a new page. Especially when having more than 100 carefully arranged items per page. Very cool would be the possibility to add pages as needed.

How hard it would be to link different tabs to different keyboard background color for Razer Deathstalker Ultimate ?

Quite frankly, we don't think it would worth the hassle, simply because it's much better to use a background image that you can assign for any page. And if you want a plain, solid color background image, then you can make one using MS Paint for example, in 2 minutes ;)

Oh, sorry - my bad. I meant backlight color for keys. (It would be like switching to different tab sends signal to change keyboard backlight colour)

No, we're not planning to enable that. It would make configuration too complex and hard to follow for many.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be working. Thank you ! More extensive testing takes more time, but no problems so far.

(Maybe it would be a good idea to put LCD pages under preferences on two separate rows like on keyboard, instead of all after each other, to avoid scrolling :)

Like:  |Page 6| |Page 7| |Page 8| |Page 9|

|Page 1| |Page 2| |Page 3| |Page 4| |Page 5|

Unfortunately WIndows doesn't allow precise positioning of TabControl tabs, so we cannot arrange them in a way that would form a similar layout to Razer dynamic keys :( But, in the next AIDA64 beta release we'll widen the TabControl so you wouldn't have to use horizontal scrolling to switch between tabs.