AIDA64 Discussion Forum
byw7

PCH Diode - What temperature it is normal?

PCH is the chipset component of your motherboard. It tends to run a bit hotter than processors, especially at idle. Anything above 80 Celsius is considered high for chipsets, and beyond 90 Celsius is considered critical.

Regards,

Fiery

• Like 1

I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 and my PCH Diode has never changed once from 43C. That doesn't seem correct. Not even one degree up or down.

Have you tried the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition? It's available for download at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2256z8l9qktcjyzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it's still stuck, then your motherboard may not be able to measure PCH temperature.

Hello Fiery,

I have a new PSU.

With the new PSU shows my

PCH Diode 59 °C - 64 °C .

Is it still harmless?

Regards

Hello Fiery,

I have a new PSU.

With the new PSU shows my

PCH Diode 59 °C - 64 °C .

Is it still harmless?

Regards

Yes, it is.

It's ok for some cpu-s. What cpu you have? I have i7 740qm and temp of phc go to 80 degrees max temp according to intel site is 100 degrees for this cpu ,and yes iam talking about chipset or PHC . Go on intel or amd and check your procesor,chipset should be named TJUNCTION. 

Sorry for my englesh.

Hope i help you. 

BB

It's ok for some cpu-s. What cpu you have? I have i7 740qm and temp of phc go to 80 degrees max temp according to intel site is 100 degrees for this cpu ,and yes iam talking about chipset or PHC . Go on intel or amd and check your procesor,chipset should be named TJUNCTION. 

Sorry for my englesh.

Hope i help you. 

BB

Thanx for info