Access Violation error messages, and random system freezing

Darien

Hello,

For the last week or so I've been receiving 'Access violation' error messages from AIDA64, like the following:

5Nmnm.jpg

In addition, my PC (Windows 8.1, 2x Nvidia GTX 460 in SLi) is randomly freezing, forcing a hard-reset. I believe the two symptoms are related.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, I only just saw this reply - I had 'follow topic' enabled, but wasn't getting any emails notifying me of posts...

The option "Enable CPU throttling measurement" is already disabled, so that can't be the issue (unless I should try enabling it?)

I was using the latest build when the issue appeared, I've now switched to the beta channel and am using v4.00.2726.

Thank you. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
We've just fixed a few more issues that may explain the crashes on your system, so please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only person experiencing these issues

I have experienced a different error since build "aida64extreme_build_2752" was installed yesterday.

When I went to check the status of the "Enable CPU throttling measurement", I got it again when I clicked on "Preferences"... every time.

After restarting Aida64 I was able to proceed and confirm that CPU Throttling was NOT selected.

This may be totally coincidental, but I noticed the one .jpg file I use on my SensorPanel was not displayed. After restarting it was displayed and I  did not receive an error when checking the CPU Throttle status.

Edit: attachments deleted

Not sure if I should take this to a new thread, as the error is different from the OP. If so I will let Fiery move it.

I just experienced the "Thread creation error: Not enough storage..." again, and again the picture file was not showing on the SensorPanel.

The picture file is on a different drive than the Aida64 program files, but it is not a removable drive.

I exited Aida64 and restarted and now the picture is on the SensorPanel.

I can move the picture to the Aida64 directory... not sure if that makes a difference.

I just had the "Not enough Memory..." error again WITH the picture still displayed on the SensorPanel.

I had moved the picture file to the same folder as the program file.

Additionally, this time I am not able to start AIDA64 to exit, and the SensorPanel is not updating.

I guess that means a system reboot.

If I can locate the build prior to 2752 it will install it to see what happens.

I have an older MoBo (MSI X58 Pro-E) and I don't believe I installed additional software when I built the system.

Driver list attached (It's .csv format for Excel, but I had to append .txt to upload here)

Edit: attachments deleted

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid we ran out of ideas, and none of our efforts to try reproducing the issue had any useful results.  One thing you can try though is right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> HWMon Modules, and disable all of the modules there.  If it fixes it up, then try to enable them again, one by one, and try to find which one causes the issues.

I've started getting these error messages lately.

I haven't installed any new hardware, or changed any bios settings & am still using v3.00.2500

I get them every morning from startup & can't access any part of the software unless I do a reboot (warm start) & then it all works fine without errors until next mornings cold boot.

I have just now tried disabling all the HWMon Modules except SNB which it won't let me disable.

But I'll have to wait for tomorrow mornings cold boot to see if it has an effect.

Darien: Does doing a restart give you the errors?