SensorPanel Transparent Background

TungstenMD

It's not on our short-term roadmap.  You can however cut out a part of the desktop wallpaper and put it into the SensorPanel background, which would effectively "emulate" a transparent effect.  It's not a perfect solution, but many AIDA64 users went that way.

Regards,

Fiery

• Like 1

I've seen that clever workaround yet I am one of the users who has a slideshow background. Just a thought. Please put it on your roadmap if you can. Great piece of software overall. I didn't know about the sensor panel when I bought a64, but i find it the feature I use most now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎10‎. ‎06‎. at 1:44 AM, Aidaknow said:

Three years down the track from this OP, a transparent background on sensor panel would so useful. Please consider. 

Since there's a workaround for this issue (that I've mentioned above), we're not considering getting back to working on it.  It would require us to come up with a new rendering solution, so it's not a few days work.  And performance of rendering may also suffer because of transparency.

• 1 month later...

@Aidaknow, @TungstenMD - I've created a tool (still beta version), that automates workaround mentioned above. It triggers whenever Windows background changes, takes a snippet of current background, and saves it to a file (you'll setup Aida64 to use this file as panel background and It'll automatically reload it's background whenever said file changes).
There's a lot to be improved, but it works as-is for me in Windows 8.1 (edit: works with Windows 10 as well) :)

I plan on preparing some more detailed description, and improving this tool, but since it might be hard for me to find some time - I hope this will somewhat solve the problem.

Note 1: Your input file will vary (it's most likely C:\Users\ [YOURUSERNAME] \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper). This should be set automatically.

Note 2: Right now all wallpapers in slideshow need to be correct size, as no rescaling is implemented.

Note 3: If you've got a problem setting it up please let me know. If it works let me know as well :) 

SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/dkopec91/BGSnippet

DOWNLOAD PAGE: https://bit.ly/BGSnippet

SETUP AND DEMO VIDEO ON YOUTUBE

scr1.png.ccf43d8ca644731a31609ae03757e593.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This trick doesn't work for me anymore, I have a full hd screen and the default DPI is 125% when I try to cut the wallpaper to use as background on the sensor panel it's not aligned.
On Aida64 I have as dimensions 500x80 but when I take a screenshot and measure the sensor panel it is 625x100

screenshot_2018-01-12_12-55-25.png

screenshot_2018-01-12_12-57-17.png

screenshot_2018-01-12_12-59-34.png

• 3 months later...

@tegazinho, it's happening because desktop wallpaper isn't changed by Windows scaling, while Sensor Panel is.
First thing that comes to mind is taking this 625x100 piece of wallpaper that SP currently covers, and resizing it to 500x80. Use the scaled down image as a Sensor Panel background, so that when the Windows scaling kicks in, you'll get the right size background. It probably won't look great after 2 time resizing, but if you set the correct opacity it might not be that bad. Let us know how it turned out - if it's acceptable I might add this scaling option to BGSnippet :)

• 10 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, Fiery said:

Since there's a workaround for this issue (that I've mentioned above), we're not considering getting back to working on it.  It would require us to come up with a new rendering solution, so it's not a few days work.  And performance of rendering may also suffer because of transparency.

Your workaround is total garbage in these days and ages. My background is Aquasuite from Aquacomputer, a dynamic background. I'm guessing I'm not alone having a dynamic background. And for someone up there's sake, is it so very difficult to add transparency?

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, SverreMunthe said:

Your workaround is total garbage in these days and ages. My background is Aquasuite from Aquacomputer, a dynamic background. I'm guessing I'm not alone having a dynamic background. And for someone up there's sake, is it so very difficult to add transparency?

Yes, it is.

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:00 AM, Fiery said:

sorry but is not a workaround

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We just want the same option that the OSD has. It's not like we're not paying for the new features, given the subscription model for updates. 

Seeing how the lettering and graphics in my SP brighten up when elements of the animated wallpaper behind it pass beneath them, I guess the modern workaround would be to create a mask from the SP, including all graph lines, gauge images, and numbers and apply that mask to the video files used in the animated wallpaper as a watermark. This is also a garbage workaround for closed-source software that's still actively being sold and updated when the feature request is a decade old. Even the multiple aRGB lighting software suites I have to use for my LED strips and RAM allow for alpha channel transparency. 

Pedestrian travel is a workaround when there's no train between cities, but that doesn't mean it's a GOOD workaround. Telling people to use someone else's software to make a workaround for the product is, well, telling me to just go find another vendor.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Talk about selling a product and then ignoring your user base. It's clear this is a huge feature that's missing for those of us that use live wallpapers. We paid for the product so you're no longer interested in our opinions. Pretty sad way to do business. You're of course not obligated to care what we want but it's good practice to improve your product based on feedback from users. Oh well, I'll find another option since this clearly isn't happening. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm on the trial currently after seeing jayz2cents video on this and I would love to support the project. But this feature is a must for me as I want to have it overlay while I'm gaming and the panel background transparency seems to already be implemented on another feature of the program.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...