AIDA64 Discussion Forum
TungstenMD

SensorPanel Transparent Background

It's not on our short-term roadmap.  You can however cut out a part of the desktop wallpaper and put it into the SensorPanel background, which would effectively "emulate" a transparent effect.  It's not a perfect solution, but many AIDA64 users went that way.

Regards,

Fiery

I've seen that clever workaround yet I am one of the users who has a slideshow background. Just a thought. Please put it on your roadmap if you can. Great piece of software overall. I didn't know about the sensor panel when I bought a64, but i find it the feature I use most now.

On ‎2017‎. ‎10‎. ‎06‎. at 1:44 AM, Aidaknow said:

Three years down the track from this OP, a transparent background on sensor panel would so useful. Please consider. 

Since there's a workaround for this issue (that I've mentioned above), we're not considering getting back to working on it.  It would require us to come up with a new rendering solution, so it's not a few days work.  And performance of rendering may also suffer because of transparency.

@Aidaknow, @TungstenMD - I've created a tool (still beta version), that automates workaround mentioned above. It triggers whenever Windows background changes, takes a snippet of current background, and saves it to a file (you'll setup Aida64 to use this file as panel background and It'll automatically reload it's background whenever said file changes).
There's a lot to be improved, but it works as-is for me in Windows 8.1 :)

I plan on preparing some more detailed description, and improving this tool, but since it might be hard for me to find some time - I hope this will somewhat solve the problem.

Note 1: Your input file will vary (it's most likely C:\Users\ [YOURUSERNAME] \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper).

Note 2: Right now all wallpapers in slideshow need to be correct size, as no rescaling is implemented.

Note 3: If you've got problem setting it up please let me know. If it works let me know as well :) 

https://github.com/dkopec91/BGSnippet
exe: https://goo.gl/Qzx9aV

BGSnippet.png

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 11:08 PM, dkopec91 said:

...  I've created a tool (still beta version), that automates workaround mentioned above ....

Just tested this out on latest build of Win10 and it works like a charm. Thank you very much for sharing it @dkopec91 :D 

This trick doesn't work for me anymore, I have a full hd screen and the default DPI is 125% when I try to cut the wallpaper to use as background on the sensor panel it's not aligned.
On Aida64 I have as dimensions 500x80 but when I take a screenshot and measure the sensor panel it is 625x100

screenshot_2018-01-12_12-55-25.png

screenshot_2018-01-12_12-57-17.png

screenshot_2018-01-12_12-59-34.png