New LCD device support: Samsung SPF Digital Photo Frames

Fiery

19 hours ago, btmouse said:

in China,  AliExpress(taobao.com)
There are very many LCD monitors,and very cheap.
But I don't understand development
No way to use it.:(

Samsung SPF devices are not LCD monitors, but digital picture frames.  They simply have an additional feature (mini-monitor mode) that puts them ahead of their competitors.  But they're still not intended to be used as a regular PC monitor.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new some of your experts advice:

Used my Logitech G19 for over a decade and it works great, but picked up a Samsung Photo Frame now: 800P.

Please, can someone explain to me, how to set it up? Read the AIDA64 LCD guide, downloaded their own drivers. A, btw, I'm on Win 10, 64 bit. What to do now? In details, please? :unsure: I can't install this driver: run the installer.exe, nothing seems to happen. Tried to update the driver in the device manager, Win keeps telling me that "the best driver is already installed" :angry: Would be nice to get some advice from you guys, thanks a lot!

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, timmy said:

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new some of your experts advice:

Used my Logitech G19 for over a decade and it works great, but picked up a Samsung Photo Frame now: 800P.

Please, can someone explain to me, how to set it up? Read the AIDA64 LCD guide, downloaded their own drivers. A, btw, I'm on Win 10, 64 bit. What to do now? In details, please? :unsure: I can't install this driver: run the installer.exe, nothing seems to happen. Tried to update the driver in the device manager, Win keeps telling me that "the best driver is already installed" :angry: Would be nice to get some advice from you guys, thanks a lot!

Start AIDA64 first, go to main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Samsung.  Enable Samsung LCD support there, and it should switch your 800P frame from Mass Storage Mode to Mini Monitor Mode.  After that happens, a new device will appear in Device Manager.  You need to install the supplied custom driver ...

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

... then, and restart AIDA64 to start using the frame with AIDA64.  Let us know if you get stuck during that process.

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, Fiery said:

Start AIDA64 first, go to main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Samsung.  Enable Samsung LCD support there, and it should switch your 800P frame from Mass Storage Mode to Mini Monitor Mode.  After that happens, a new device will appear in Device Manager.  You need to install the supplied custom driver ...

... then, and restart AIDA64 to start using the frame with AIDA64.  Let us know if you get stuck during that process.

First of all: SORRY! I relied on the email - notification and didn't check this thread.

Just tried as you described, but it didn't work: the device connects as a storage device (800P). I open AIDA64, activate the Samsung LCD support. A status appears (Switching..., in blue letters). After 20 seconds or so, an error appears: "USB device not found", in red letters.

18 hours ago, timmy said:

First of all: SORRY! I relied on the email - notification and didn't check this thread.

Just tried as you described, but it didn't work: the device connects as a storage device (800P). I open AIDA64, activate the Samsung LCD support. A status appears (Switching..., in blue letters). After 20 seconds or so, an error appears: "USB device not found", in red letters.

After that 20 seconds delay you need to install the custom driver.  And only after the driver is installed AIDA64 will be able to pick the device up as a USB device.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:20 AM, Fiery said:

After that 20 seconds delay you need to install the custom driver.  And only after the driver is installed AIDA64 will be able to pick the device up as a USB device.

Just tried to do so, but I failed :( I went to the device manager, but no new device had appeared. The device has to entries under portable devices, "800P" & the drive letter of the mass storage. Run the installer_x64.exe, but nothing happend. What is the device supposed to be called after I activated the Samsung support @AIDA64? Something like unknown device?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, timmy said:

Just tried to do so, but I failed :( I went to the device manager, but no new device had appeared. The device has to entries under portable devices, "800P" & the drive letter of the mass storage. Run the installer_x64.exe, but nothing happend. What is the device supposed to be called after I activated the Samsung support @AIDA64? Something like unknown device?

We've tried to replicate the issue using our own 800P device.  Apparently it works properly under Windows XP, but under Win7 and Win10 the device fails to accept the "switch to mini-monitor mode" command when AIDA64 issues it.  Even more strange is that it fails to accept the command when Samsung's own Frame Manager software issues it.  So the device seems to be unable to work at all in mini-monitor mode with Windows 7 and Windows 10 :( We've tried to come up with a workaround, but no luck so far.  We will try to figure out a special way to talk to the device, in a hope that we can get it somehow to switch to mini-monitor mode using alternative methods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
First I apologize for the bad english. I am from Germany and work with Google Translater.
I have the same problem with the spf 85H, Win 10 instaliert. It does not switch from mass storage device to mini monitor.
Driver can not be installed (DOS window opens for a few seconds)
It is said that he can not find libus0.dll (Error: Can not find DLL (libusb0.dll))
Is there already a solution or should I get another screen? for example EVE2-70G with USB adapter.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, miep said:

Hello
First I apologize for the bad english. I am from Germany and work with Google Translater.
I have the same problem with the spf 85H, Win 10 instaliert. It does not switch from mass storage device to mini monitor.
Driver can not be installed (DOS window opens for a few seconds)
It is said that he can not find libus0.dll (Error: Can not find DLL (libusb0.dll))
Is there already a solution or should I get another screen? for example EVE2-70G with USB adapter.

Are you sure the device cannot switch to Mini Monitor Mode?  I'm just asking because when AIDA64 says it cannot find libusb0.dll, it usually means the device is ready (in Mini Monitor Mode), and the issue is on the DLL side.  You can then download and install the Samsung SPF LibUSB driver from the following link:

On 4/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, Fiery said:

We've tried to replicate the issue using our own 800P device.  Apparently it works properly under Windows XP, but under Win7 and Win10 the device fails to accept the "switch to mini-monitor mode" command when AIDA64 issues it.  Even more strange is that it fails to accept the command when Samsung's own Frame Manager software issues it.  So the device seems to be unable to work at all in mini-monitor mode with Windows 7 and Windows 10 :( We've tried to come up with a workaround, but no luck so far.  We will try to figure out a special way to talk to the device, in a hope that we can get it somehow to switch to mini-monitor mode using alternative methods.

Thanks for your effort! Still sad to read, since I searched for quite a long time to get this frame, after I checked your .pdf list of recommended displays :unsure:

46 minutes ago, timmy said:

Thanks for your effort! Still sad to read, since I searched for quite a long time to get this frame, after I checked your .pdf list of recommended displays :unsure:

I know, it's a complicated issue, since the frame still works well under Windows XP... And probably under Windows Vista as well.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Are you sure the device cannot switch to Mini Monitor Mode?  I'm just asking because when AIDA64 says it cannot find libusb0.dll, it usually means the device is ready (in Mini Monitor Mode), and the issue is on the DLL side.  You can then download and install the Samsung SPF LibUSB driver from the following link:

Yes, the screen does not change to the mini monitor mode.
The driver I have already tried to installieren, it opens for a second, a DOS window and more does not happen

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, miep said:

Yes, the screen does not change to the mini monitor mode.
The driver I have already tried to installieren, it opens for a second, a DOS window and more does not happen

After the "Cannot find DLL" message, try to open Device Manager, find the device for the Samsung frame, and try to install the Samsung SPF LibUSB driver manually.

Thank you now it works.
I have Corsair Link to version 4.8.3.8 downgrade otherwise Link had lost the connection to the fans.
A problem is still here. After about 5 minutes the display stops updating itself. Aida continues to run normally.
If I restart Aida, the displaywill run normally again until after 5 minutes it stops updating

7 hours ago, miep said:

Thank you now it works.
I have Corsair Link to version 4.8.3.8 downgrade otherwise Link had lost the connection to the fans.
A problem is still here. After about 5 minutes the display stops updating itself. Aida continues to run normally.
If I restart Aida, the displaywill run normally again until after 5 minutes it stops updating

Can you please check if the device is overheating after 4 minutes?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

I just notice this post and I find it very interesting!!

I happen to have a Sumsong SPF-107H and I followed the instruction above but encounted with some problems

I cannot get the driver installed. 

when I open installer_x64.exe, I can see a DOS window pop up BUT disapear instantly. I cannot see what is happening.

I tried installer_x86.exe and it is just the same.

I opened device manager and there is no Samsumg device. meanwhile the Aida64 is saying missing DLL/no usb device detected

I am using Windows 10 64 bit ver1903. 

I don't know why and how to solve it, please if anyone have any advice, thanks so much for your help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, arthurmaple said:

Hi guys, 

I just notice this post and I find it very interesting!!

I happen to have a Sumsong SPF-107H and I followed the instruction above but encounted with some problems

I cannot get the driver installed. 

when I open installer_x64.exe, I can see a DOS window pop up BUT disapear instantly. I cannot see what is happening.

I tried installer_x86.exe and it is just the same.

I opened device manager and there is no Samsumg device. meanwhile the Aida64 is saying missing DLL/no usb device detected

I am using Windows 10 64 bit ver1903. 

I don't know why and how to solve it, please if anyone have any advice, thanks so much for your help in advance.

Try to enable Samsung LCD support in AIDA64 first, and check if the display appears in the Device Manager as an unknown device.  When it does, you can install the driver for it.

• 5 months later...

Hey there, can anyone tell me how to get all this stuff to work on win10?

I have a Samsung SPF-87H and can't install anything on win10. Neither the Frame Manager software (since this is only for win7) nor your spf-lcd-driver. just nothing happens.

So is it possible to get this to work on win10?

On 2/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, SomaKhaos said:

Hey there, can anyone tell me how to get all this stuff to work on win10?

I have a Samsung SPF-87H and can't install anything on win10. Neither the Frame Manager software (since this is only for win7) nor your spf-lcd-driver. just nothing happens.

So is it possible to get this to work on win10?

Try to enable Samsung LCD support in AIDA64 first, and check if the display appears in the Device Manager as an unknown device.  When it does, you can install the driver for it.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:16 PM, Fiery said:

So after reinstalling windows (bc something in the process to get it to work really f**** up my pc) it says "SPF Init OK" even without installing any drivers or the device showing up as unknown in the Device Manager. But it only shows Aida Informations for a few seconds on my Samsung Device and then turns back to the screen where it says that i can switch to mini-monitor-mode with the frame manager software (which i'm unable to install because there is no working version for win10)