Display PC sensor values on Android device connected via USB - Odospace Remote Panel

odospace

Hi, OdoSpace.

I have a old phone with WIFI working, Could you change some code then I can connect my phone with WIFI other than USB cable?

Hi,

Aida64 now provides support for the Odospace Remote Panel app:

Reuse your old android device to display sensor values of a Windows PC. A WiFi connection is not (!) required, Remote Panel works even when the device is connected to the PC via USB only. However, an SDK for Remote Panel is provided also.

Sensor values are provided by the industry-leading system information tool Aida64 which must be purchased separately. Please note that Remote Panel is not affiliated with Aida64 or FinalWire in any way shape or form and no support can be provided by the Aida64 team for this app.

Requirements
- Aida64 version 5.20.3414 or heigher must be installed on the Windows PC.
- Remote Panel (for Windows) version 1.16 must be installed and running, it can be downloaded with the following link http://apps.odospace.com/RemotePanelSetup.exe
- Microsoft .Net framework 4.5 must be installed on the Windows PC. This will be done during the installation of Remote Panel (for Windows).
- The android device vendor's drivers must be installed on the Windows PC.
- USB debugging must be enabled on the android device. This is described in detail here

Enable Aiada64 plugIn
- After installation of Remote Panel (for Windows) Aida64 must be restarted.
- Within Aida64 open the preferences page, navigate to LCD and enable "Odospace". Add items within the LCD items page.

Settings
- A long press within the view opens the settings dialog.

Troubleshooting
- In general the settings dialog of Remote Panel (for Windows) can be opened from the popup menu of its tray icon.
- Remote Panel (for Windows) uses port 38000 and 38001 for local communication, if you experience problems because another PC program is using one of this ports, change the port number within the Remote Panel (for Windows) settings dialog and within the Aida64 Odospace LCD plugin.
- Remote Panel (for Windows) uses the Android Debug Bridge (adb.exe) for communication. If you experience problems with other Android synchronization programs, try to use another adb.exe file - it can be changed within the settings dialog of Remote Panel (for Windows).
- On default, Remote Panel (for Windows) checks every 30 seconds for new devices, decrease this value within the settings for faster device recognition, increase this value for less CPU usage.

Alternative usage
- If an additional PC should send its sensor values to the android device, set the IP address within the Aida64 Odospace LCD plugin to the address of the PC where the android device is connected. For every PC specify a different panel position parameter. Remote Panel (for Windows) must be installed on every PC, however the Remote Panel (for Windows) executable must only be started on the PC where the Android device is connected.
- Remote Panel can be used within a WiFi network also, in such case set the IP address within the Aida64 Odospace PlugIn to the device's address. The port must be set to 38000. The Remote Panel (for Windows) executable can be stopped in this case.

Advanced topics
- To automatically start Remote Panel you can use AutoStart.
- To power off the device on PC shut down you can use AutomateIt Pro - use the USB disconnect trigger.
- If the device battery discharge even connected via USB, try to set the CPU speed to a lower level. For example you can use Tickster MOD.
- To power on the device on PC startup the device firmware must be modified (follow this AT YOUR OWN RISK, tested with Cyanogenmod 10.2 on LG P760 and may not work with all devices):
  1. Download the device firmware - it can be the original or custom ROM.
  2. Use Boot/Recovery Repacker to extract the boot.img file of the downloaded ROM.
  3. Within the file init.rc, in the section beginning with "on charger" replace the string "class_start charger" with "trigger boot" or "trigger late-init". Ensure that your editor writes the file in UNIX format.
  4. Use the repacker to compress the boot.img file.
  5. Apply the new firmware.

Version 1.14

- Now sensor data of multiple PCs can be displayed on one android device
- The android device can be connected to any PC (not only to the PC where Aida64 is running)
- Requires Aida version 5.20.3414 or higher and Remote Panel (for Windows) version 1.14a

Version 1.15
- Fullscreen mode (long press for settings)
- RemotePanel (for windows) version 1.15: Verbose mode for better problem handling, fixes a rare ADB hang when multiple PCs are connected to one android device.

Version 1.16 available

- New option added: Keep screen on (long press for settings)

l9.jpg

Many thanks to the Aida64 team for the great support!

Best regards 

odospace

Hi Fieava, try the following:

- Remote Panel can be used within a WiFi network also, in such case set the IP address within the Aida64 Odospace PlugIn to the device's address. The port must be set to 38000. The Remote Panel (for Windows) executable can be stopped in this case.

• 2 months later...

Hi odospace,

If you are still around : downloaded, installed and configured the program for wifi - it works great, but Aida crash when exit from sleep (fault module : aidardsp.dll_unloaded). There is any solution ? I failed to configure via USB, probably something I missing, but I prefer wifi connection anyway. I use windows 10, latest version of aida. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

it crashes on one of my Windows 10 PCs also  :unsure: if returned from standby. However currently I have not enough spare time to search for the problem. But if you are familiar with C programming, i can send you the source code for problem determination.

Best regards

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I just downloaded and installed Remote Panel and can only get the horizontal gauge bars to work. Is there some kind of trick to getting the vertical ones?

Thanks

You can define a vertical bar by simply picking a shorter width than height ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Odospace,

I have a problem with RemotePanel and Windows10, it crash or freeze after 5 minutes or 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours ... or never, very strange.

Can you update or maybe share your code ?

Thank you very much

(and sorry my bad english)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi thanks for you program but i cant get connected my Samsung S3 via USB to PC win 7

at mobile i got your app at pc exe

but still get this

Remote Panel Version: 1.16
Adb Version: 32

Last operation: Waiting for connection.
Last message: 
Adb forward result: no devices connected

usb at android at debbug mode.

at mobile USB should be MTP or PTP ?

The android device vendor's drivers must be installed on the Windows PC

i  dont understand i am sorry if you know what drivers is that for samsung please write me.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-s-iii-unlocked#downloads you mean this ?

sorry for my english.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23.6.2017 at 2:43 AM, Clamier said:

Hi thanks for you program but i cant get connected my Samsung S3 via USB to PC win 7

at mobile i got your app at pc exe

but still get this

Last message: 
Adb forward result: no devices connected

usb at android at debbug mode.

at mobile USB should be MTP or PTP ?

i  dont understand i am sorry if you know what drivers is that for samsung please write me.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-s-iii-unlocked#downloads you mean this ?

sorry for my english.

Hi, if the mentioned USB driver does not work, try to install Samsung SideSync http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/sidesync.

On 22.8.2017 at 0:46 PM, ycodryn said:

Hey Odospace I just tried your android app and is so cool. My question is that in android app you have 6 tabs. How do you use them?

The setting "Panel Position" within Aida64 (look at the image 4 posts above) specifies the tab position within the Android app. So you can use one App to display Aida64 pages from different PCs. 

For example:
PC1 with Android Device: IP-Address: 127.0.0.1, Panel Position: 0
PC2: IP-Address: "Address of PC1", Panel Position: 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2017 at 4:45 PM, odospace said:

Hi Gekido,

can you tell me which part crashes (Android or Windows Prog)? And what you understand about a "crash". Are you familiar with C++, C# and Android programming?

Best regards

Sorry for delay, I come back here for my issue.

Remotepanel crash on windows 10 after few minutes. No data sent to the smartphone (can't interact with the RemotePanel tray icon (must kill the process in taskmanager and restart it)

On android RemotePanel work fine with Wifi, but I want use it with USB.

I don't understand.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Odospace,

yesterday i decide to try to instal my old Samsung phone to use it as my lcd sensor panel.

I believe i did most of the things correct, android should be at debug mode, report panel diagnostic says:

Android devices: Model SM_G361F Serial XYZ...

Last message: 
Adb forward result: created for device with serial XYZ...

When I start AIDA 64 the screen on the android becamo light blue and in yellow there is the Aida logo (not complete since i can read only AI, the rest cannot stay in the screen)

Unfortunately when i go in the option to set LCD, LCD elements and i start to built my LCD nothing happen on the sansung lcd, it is always light blu with aida logo, it does not change..

PS: i have activated RemoteSensor under LCD option

PLS HELP!

Best rgds

Mario

Sorry for poor english

I just setted the corrrect lcd size to see all AIDA64 logo .. but nothing more.. no sensorpanel on it...

I just found the error, i was setting/activate the LCD under remote sensor instead of Odospace .. it works, sorry mate.

It look really nice but have to work on my panel more and more