AIDA64 Discussion Forum
sysmetic

GPU2 Cooling Fan is not shown in statistics window

Note that fan speeds are only shown there when the actual RPM can be measured for the fan. Many fans are implemented in a way that only their fan duty cycle (%) can be detected, but the RPM cannot be measured.

Regards,

Fiery

Actually both GPUs fan speeds are correctly shown in the "Sensors" window ("current values in %"), but they are not shown in Stability Test statistics (max, min, average). So it looks like AIDA can correctly measure gpu fan speeds, but just does not have a feature "to show GPU fan statistics".

Actually both GPUs fan speeds are correctly shown in the "Sensors" window ("current values in %"), but they are not shown in Stability Test statistics (max, min, average). So it looks like AIDA can correctly measure gpu fan speeds, but just does not have a feature "to show GPU fan statistics".

That's what I meant when I mentioned the difference between fan duty cycle (%) and fan RPM readout. Fan RPMs are shown in the AIDA64 System Stability Test, but fan duty cycles are not. So if your second GPU only provides a fan duty cycle, then it's normal that it will not appear in the System Stability Test Statistics.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DonSalsero
      Hello guys,I'm trying to measure the utilization of my GPU.I have 2, an Intel hd graphics (from my cpu) and a GTX 970. From File - Preferences - Logging I can only find "GPU1 Utilization" . I cant understand if GPU1 refers to GTX 970 or Intel hd graphics. (I have enabled "Wake GPUs up at AIDA64 start up")
      Thank you for your time
    • By Alexey
      Hello,
      I'm trying out and evaluating AIDA64, looks like an excellent all-rounder!
      My hardware is an old laptop ASUS U32U.
      However I noticed that CPU FAN rpm value is using the "wrong" source. Here is part of the ISA Sensor dump:
      _TZ_.RFAN(0)               : <TYPE>0</TYPE><LEN>4</LEN><DATA>31</DATA>
      _TZ_.RFAN(1)               : <TYPE>0</TYPE><LEN>4</LEN><DATA>31</DATA>
      _SB_.ATKD._HID             : <TYPE>1</TYPE><LEN>8</LEN><DATA>pnp0c14</DATA>
      _SB_.ATKD.TMPR             : <TYPE>0</TYPE><LEN>4</LEN><DATA>2034968</DATA>
      _SB_.PCI0.LPC0.EC0_.CCTV   : 
      _SB_.PCI0.LPC0.EC0_.LRPM   : 
      _SB_.PCI0.LPC0.EC0_.HRPM   : 
      _SB_.PCI0.SBRG.EC0_.ECPU   : <TYPE>0</TYPE><LEN>4</LEN><DATA>62</DATA>
      _SB_.PCI0.SBRG.EC0_.TACH(0): <TYPE>0</TYPE><LEN>4</LEN><DATA>4294967295</DATA>
      _SB_.PCI0.SBRG.EC0_.TACH(1): <TYPE>0</TYPE><LEN>4</LEN><DATA>4294967295</DATA>
      Firstly I manually set the CPU fan to fully stop, wait for it to spin down completely.
      AIDA64 uses the reading from _TZ_.RFAN(0) = 31, which shows up as 3100rpm.
      Whilst the correct value should be read from _SB_.PCI0.SBRG.EC0_.TACH(0) whose current value is 4294967295, which is 0, the correct value.
      Using SpeedFAN and HWinfo, I can see the "correct" value.
      I understand that there might be a bug in my motherboard's EC or ACPI table, cauing the method RFAN to return erratic values. My question is that, is it possible to customize AIDA64 to use the desired readout (TACH(0)) from ACPI?
      Full isasensordump is attached below.
      Thanks!
      isasensordump_2.txt
    • By DonSalsero
      Hello,whenever I'm trying to run System Stability Test on Aida64 extreme and I check the "Stress GPU(s)" checkbox,the system crashes and I have to reboot my pc.Do you have any idea why? (when I run SST's with only GPU's box unchecked,it runs smoothly)
      Also I'm trying to save the data from System Stability Test into a file (for instance .txt) but "Save" button only gives me a PNG image.Any ideas?

Thank you for your time!
    • By sirlock
      Hi All, 
      Firstly I love AIDA64. It is so feature rich I can't believe I used anything else for so long! I spent 5 hours yesterday fine tuning my LCD panel display on my Android Tablet!
      I am running a Threadripper System with a ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 TR4 Motherboard. 98% of the sensors are there there, there are just a few missing. For the Fans the latest AIDA Beta shows CPU and CPU OPT and CHA Fan 2. What is missing is CHA FAN 1, H_AMP_FAN, W_PUMP+ and the 3 CHA FANS on the extension board that Plugs into the EXT_FAN header.
      As I am running a TR system that runs warm it important to be able to monitor the H_AMP_FAN and W_PUMP+ connectors as that will tell me if my Liquid Cooler is operating properly. 
      Let me know if I can provide any other info or testing to help.
      Regards,
      Lachlan.
    • By Maident
      The sensor report shows the wrong fan headers for the Gigabyte Aorus Z390 master MB.  Here is what I was able to determine on my MB fan headers.  I did not use System 1 fan header and since AIDA64 did not see a Chassis 3 fan sensor I have to assume that System 1 fan header is your Chassis 3.
      CPU = CPU
      CPU OPT = System 6 Pump
      Chassis 1 = System 3
      Chassis 2 = System 2
      Chassis 3 = not reported
      Chassis 4 = System 5 Pump
      Chassis 5 = System 4
      Chassis 7 = CPU_OPT