SensorPanel -- a new flexible monitoring module to replace OSD and Sidebar Gadget

Fiery

...... and that is when ? :huh:

I'd rather not talk about any time frames, since currently we're simply swamped with ongoing projects :( We're working on OpenCL GPGPU Stress Test, new memory benchmarks, revamping existing CPU benchmarks, implementing Intel Ivy Bridge optimizations, ACPI 5.0, OpenCL 1.2, etc. etc. A lot of stuff, but we'll get to SensorPanel as well, and add some more juice to make it a bit fancier than it currently is.

I'd rather not talk about any time frames, since currently we're simply swamped with ongoing projects :( We're working on OpenCL GPGPU Stress Test, new memory benchmarks, revamping existing CPU benchmarks, implementing Intel Ivy Bridge optimizations, ACPI 5.0, OpenCL 1.2, etc. etc. A lot of stuff, but we'll get to SensorPanel as well, and add some more juice to make it a bit fancier than it currently is.

Sounds all good ..... so will look forward to it and keep an eye on your web page and here ..... cheers !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Fiery,

Will we ever have this option?

Yes, we'll get there, eventually. Please note that we have a tremendous amount of todo's on our table. What you and other AIDA64 users publicly request on this forum is only a part of the "story". Every week we get dozens of requests via other sources like email support and direct correspondance between customers, manufacturers, review site owners, industry professionals, etc. We're also passively present on other forums where people talk about overclocking, tweaking, modding, benchmarking, to see what they say about AIDA64 and other diagnostic software. We gather thoughts, ideas, requests, complaints, bug reports from all sources, and then we have to make a priority order between them. With that I'm not saying that a particular request is less important than another, but based on available development resources, prospected development and testing time, potential customer response, and various other factors, we still have to put some requests ahead of the rest.

And quite frankly, the SensorPanel is already too difficult and quirky to be handled by most AIDA64 users. Adding a few more layers wouldn't help about that. We will do that of course, but for example when more users ask us about making the Desktop Gadget feature more advanced than the number of users who asked the same about the SensorPanel meant that we had to deal with the Desktop Gadget improvements first. We expected the SensorPanel -- which was initially requested by quite a few AIDA64 users -- to be a huge hit, but it seems to generate less buzz than the initial number of requests suggested. I'm not saying no gauges or graphs would be implemented in the SensorPanel, but first we may have to rethink the whole SensorPanel feature to make it more user-friendly. We've already added the Simple Sensor Item to help configuring and handling the SensorPanel for less-experienced users, but it only marginally helped. So there's a lot to do around the SensorPanel, and we may have to make radical changes before adding more "juice". I hope you understand that, and give us a bit more time ;)

@Fiery,

I understand completely. I can only imagine it is a full-time job simply trying to keep up with new hardware, let alone find time to implement a new GUI.

I was just asking to see if it still being considered. I understand it is not a priority, and may not even be implemented at all.

Thank you for replying.

• 1 month later...

Fiery, I like the sensorpanel a lot and found it not hard at all to configure. I posted my result in the other thread. (http://forums.aida64...ur-sensorpanel/)

I think it just needs time to pick up, maybe open the thread's pictures and downloads for non regged users, so anyone could see and download what others are showing there, to get a bit of action going?

Ofcourse I could think of countless features to add, but I understand the panel is only a minor part of aida too, so I won't ask for anything special (yet), except that you keep it. ;) In case you're ever short of ideas for it I'll be pleased to share some, but I think/agree things like advanced graphs or per item min/max indication would be hard to implement in the current system.

One thing that could easily be done I guess is showing the cpu-fsb (bclock) with one decimal instead of integer, just like the multiplier. Those 1/10th MHz's count up when at 45 times (or other high multi's).

Regards, Darkje

We've implemented SensorPanel graphs, gauges and 3D effect for the bars in the latest AIDA64 beta release available at:

http://www.aida64.co...38hv9qpgm5wzzip

A couple of thoughts on the new features:

1) We've tried to design the configuration panel for the new object types to make it easy for everyone to adjust various properties for the objects. We've squeezed everything into a single page this time, so we didn't bother adding labels or other properties. You can use the "Static Label" or the "Simple Sensor Item" objects to for example add captions to graphs.

2) Gauge icon is not yet implemented.

3) We've came up with 3 different, fixed diameter for gauges. Let us know if you think they should be different size, or whether there's a room for an even bigger or even smaller variant.

4) We may add more gauge designs, so feel free to send us suggestions on what sort of gauge you would like to see.

5) We've also implemented a "3D effect" checkbox for bars. We may add gradient bars and other fancy styles for bars later on.

6) The new SensorPanel features are also available in the Logitech LCD module.

Please feel free to post your feedbacks here.

Darkje: You can adjust the number of decimal digits for clock speed values in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We've implemented SensorPanel graphs, gauges and 3D effect for the bars in the latest AIDA64 beta release available at:

http://www.aida64.co...38hv9qpgm5wzzip

A couple of thoughts on the new features:

1) We've tried to design the configuration panel for the new object types to make it easy for everyone to adjust various properties for the objects. We've squeezed everything into a single page this time, so we didn't bother adding labels or other properties. You can use the "Static Label" or the "Simple Sensor Item" objects to for example add captions to graphs.

2) Gauge icon is not yet implemented.

3) We've came up with 3 different, fixed diameter for gauges. Let us know if you think they should be different size, or whether there's a room for an even bigger or even smaller variant.

4) We may add more gauge designs, so feel free to send us suggestions on what sort of gauge you would like to see.

5) We've also implemented a "3D effect" checkbox for bars. We may add gradient bars and other fancy styles for bars later on.

6) The new SensorPanel features are also available in the Logitech LCD module.

Please feel free to post your feedbacks here.

Darkje: You can adjust the number of decimal digits for clock speed values in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

I am a bit embarrassed, i see all this high-tech talk going on and my input is at the dumb-blond level, but it is what it is, and we all play our roles :(

3) A "tiny" size for gauges would be useful for my minimalist approach (1/2 the small size?)

I understand user simplicity is the mantra, but I'm interested to use a gauge to show "Estimated Battery Time", where the red should actually show at the low end of the range.

So dangerous asking for feedback :rolleyes:

Thank you for all your fine work.

Edit: attachments deleted

I'm sorry, but having a very small gauge size plus a different style where red colour would be at the low end of the scale is not something we'd want to do at this time -- unless we get more user requests on the same idea ;)

I'm sorry, but having a very small gauge size plus a different style where red colour would be at the low end of the scale is not something we'd want to do at this time -- unless we get more user requests on the same idea ;)

understand, ty for reply

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

after reading through all posts i thought i post a suggestion here aswell.

Since Windows 8 is on it's way and won't support gadgets anymore, the sensor panel now became my replacement for them.

Sadly, i am missing some features i got using gadgets from other developers, which would be awesome to have in AIDA64 sensor panel:

1) Measuring free space of local disks

2) Some sort of weather measuring

now screw the weather thingy, i don't give a crap about it and don't think it will ever hit AIDA64 anyway :D but what about the free space?

Since AIDA64 can already measure this, would it be hard to implement?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really need:

1. checkbox: SP always on Desktop

(when system starts, some my windows auto-starts too and SP always on top too - it`s not good, I don`t need SP in this moment)

2. SP background transparency

(Only for background! - who has a picture on the desktop)

• 4 weeks later...

We've implemented custom gauge states -- for both SensorPanel and Logitech LCD -- in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2139dz0wrgyqtnzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

It can be used to customize the current gauge states to implement tiny gauge sizes, and also to make a gauge design for fan speeds (that starts with red states and go up to green states). We'll work on the rest of the requested features.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fiery

Is there any chance that we see the measurement of disk space (in SensorPanel) in the following versions AIDA64?

Yes, definitely. Although data representation is not as straightforward as you might imagine ;) What sort of monitoring item would you prefer?

1) Free space amount in MegaBytes -- may be a huge number for a 2+ TB partition...

2) Free space amount in GigaBytes -- may be marginally useless for small partitions (or for small capacity flash drives)

3) Free space percentage of total partition space