SensorPanel -- a new flexible monitoring module to replace OSD and Sidebar Gadget

Fiery

I have created the sensor panel I want, yet I can't see it where I need it. In iRacing, it does not stay on top. iRacing is running in 3D, is that the issue? I have keep sensor panel always on top checked...

Unfortunately AIDA64 OSD Panel and SensorPanel cannot be displayed while running a full-screen 3D application. They are still running and updated on your Windows Desktop while e.g. playing a game, you just cannot see them -- same way that you cannot see the Windows Desktop while playing a game.

Fiery

For 3D-programs in full screen (games, tests, etc) I use external self-made LCD, which connected to PC via USB.

PC "see" him as a simple serial port (not VGA-monitor).

TM240_2.jpgTM240_3.jpg

For data transfer i use my plug-in, but his functional very poor versus SensorPanel (screen)

Question : can AIDA64 transfer an image of SP into a shared memory ? Then i take it from this memory and transmit further, to the my LCD.

Thanx.

(sorry, it's Google translated)

I'm afraid AIDA64 cannot expose or export SensorPanel images in any ways.

I'm afraid AIDA64 cannot expose or export SensorPanel images in any ways.

I'm sorry, but ... AIDA64 is written in Delphi? Maybe, there is possibility to transfer the image of SP using TSocket?

For example, this will allow to view the SP remotely on a PDA or tabletPC.

I'm sorry, but ... AIDA64 is written in Delphi? Maybe, there is possibility to transfer the image of SP using TSocket?

For example, this will allow to view the SP remotely on a PDA or tabletPC.

I'm afraid we currently have no plans to extend SensorPanel in that way.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Idea for the graphs:

attachicon.gifgraph-1.pngattachicon.gifgraph.png

idea for adaptable bar limits:

attachicon.giflimits.png

We've implemented area graphs and histograms for the SensorPanel in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2590hs6vgtb9xyzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

As for the adaptable bar limits, we believe it would be too much (too many colors) to track for most users, so we prefer not to implement that.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm seeing an odd issue with the line graphs in the current version, the line does not seem to scale properly to the height of the graph.

to demonstrate I made this 12V graph and set the upper limit to 12v with the actual line around 12.2V, but it doesn't reach the top:
r40EdRw.png

Regards, Darkje

btw. nice work on the area graph, thanks for considering my idea.

Hi,

I'm seeing an odd issue with the line graphs in the current version, the line does not seem to scale properly to the height of the graph.

to demonstrate I made this 12V graph and set the upper limit to 12v with the actual line around 12.2V, but it doesn't reach the top:

Regards, Darkje

btw. nice work on the area graph, thanks for considering my idea.

Thank you, the issue will be fixed in the next AIDA64 beta release.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
At first I thought that "Show SP" from the tray does not work, then I remembered that my Update Frequency for SP = 60 sec and it appears after 60 sec. This is good for reducing CPU usage, but bad for the show/hide SP. I think you'll have a lot of messages "Why Show SensorPanel does not work?"

At first I thought that "Show SP" from the tray does not work, then I remembered that my Update Frequency for SP = 60 sec and it appears after 60 sec. This is good for reducing CPU usage, but bad for the show/hide SP. I think you'll have a lot of messages "Why Show SensorPanel does not work?"

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  First of all, it's not possible to configure a 60 seconds update frequency for the SensorPanel.  And even if you configure a very long update frequency (of e.g. 30 seconds), when you hide and show the SensorPanel using the right-click menu of the System Tray icon, it will disappear/appear immediately, regardless of the update frequency setting.

svetlika, are you talking about the time you have to wait before the SensorPanel appears at Windows boot-up? I think there is not much you can do about that and it's not related in any way to the update frequency. I have an outdated, Athlon 64 X2 based PC on which it also takes a while for the panel to appear when Windows starts. I have some other startup programs and they simply need some time to load, just like AIDA64.

Sometimes loading AIDA64 at Windows startup could take a while.  It is because Windows' driver subsystem prefers statically loaded (installed) kernel drivers over dynamically loaded kernel drivers.  AIDA64 uses dynamically loaded kernel drivers to assure it is 100% portable between Windows installations and different computers as well, and also it makes it easier to update the software automatically.

• 8 months later...

Hi Fiery,

I have finally gotten around to designing a sensor panel to replace my aging Windows 7 sidebar gadgets. I have to say the sensor panel is really great, but I have a couple of requests. :)

I am monitoring the download rate of my network card and the unit is in kilobytes per second (KB/s). I am mainly using this to see what download speed I am getting from the web so a figure in Megabits per second (Mb/s) would be more useful. Others may want to monitor the internal network traffic so MB/s may be more meaningful. In the sensor panel manager you can change the unit from the default KB/s to any other string of text but of course this only affects the text displayed after the reading, it does not do a conversion. So I was wondering whether Aida could convert the reading if a legitimate unit was entered. E.G. a value of 12500 becomes 100 if Mb/s is entered in the unit field. If a non recognised unit is entered then no conversion would be done. Alternatively you could have a drop down box with various pre-defined units, or the units could be set in Aida's main preference page.

Secondly, I would like to echo the request of Garfunkel above. I have set up a line graph for network traffic with a maximum value of 19000 entered (representing my maximum download speed from my ISP of 152Mb/s). This is fine until I transfer files to and from my NAS when the line of the graph covers other parts of the sensor panel! Could this be changed so that the line is never displayed outside of the predefined graph area, so even if the reading is higher than the set maximum value the line just maxes out at the top? In the attached, see the yellow line rising from the graph at the bottom of my sensor panel.

Thanks in advance!

post-452-0-98068500-1425211681_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

E.G. a value of 12500 becomes 100 if Mb/s is entered in the unit field. If a non recognised unit is entered then no conversion would be done.

We'll try to do that in the next AIDA64 beta update. It's not that easy I'm afraid, since we would have to apply major revamping on the hardware monitor module of AIDA64 to make it happen.

Could this be changed so that the line is never displayed outside of the predefined graph area, so even if the reading is higher than the set maximum value the line just maxes out at the top?

Clipping will be done in the next AIDA64 beta ;)

Hi Fiery,

I've got the new beta, thanks for the clipping, and I see that MB/s conversion works which is great. However is there any chance you could do Mb/s as well (or if not then instead)? Sorry to be a pain but this is a more meaningful unit when comparing my actual download speed with the supposed maximum from my ISP. 

Hi Fiery,

I've got the new beta, thanks for the clipping, and I see that MB/s conversion works which is great. However is there any chance you could do Mb/s as well (or if not then instead)? Sorry to be a pain but this is a more meaningful unit when comparing my actual download speed with the supposed maximum from my ISP.

We'll add the requested Mbps unit conversion in the next AIDA64 beta. Using Mb/s would be a bad idea, since AIDA64 ignores the case, so Mb/s and MB/s and MB/S are all treated equally as MegaBytes Per Second :)