Problem monitoring

tistou77

Hello

Since I installed Windows 10 Pro x64, I have problems on some information

post-9-0-18242900-1450125630_thumb.png

And also I think that temperature reading of the SSD Samsung SM951 NVMe is incorrect, with Windows 7 it was ~36° in idle, and with Windows 10 is 29° (same condition) with the Microsoft driver (with driver Samsung, the SSD does not appear)

Thanks for your help

The motherboard ID and video BIOS date problem are both caused by UEFI boot. Some motheboards fail to emulate the classic system BIOS (F0000) and video BIOS (C0000) segments. Motherboard ID is not that useful information these days anyway, and you maye able to see the video BIOS date on the Display / GPU page where it is read from the GPU directly.

As for the SSD temperature, that is read directly from the SSD, without any offset or otherwise influencing the value the drive provides. You can verify the measured value by checking it with HWMonitor and HD Sentinel.

As for the SPD issue, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you for your answer,

So for the video bios date and ID of the motherboard, there is nothing to do?
For recognition of memory, if I close Aida and I reopen, the 4 memories appear (it's random)

Ok, for temperature of SSD, strange...

Another thing I noticed with Windows reading the information sensors "(in Sensor) is longer than with Windows 7
This is normal with Windows 10 and also the UEFI boot?

Thanks

smbusdump_full.txt

So for the video bios date and ID of the motherboard, there is nothing to do?

With UEFI boot the classic BIOS regions do not exist anymore, but they can be emulated. However, in case your motherboard fails to emulate those regions properly, it is only a cosmetic issue that doesn't cause any actual problems.

For recognition of memory, if I close Aida and I reopen, the 4 memories appear (it's random)

Thank you for the data. It seems your memory modules sometimes fail to change the DDR4 SPD bank. Current DDR4 platforms use a proprietary method to switch between the 2 SPD banks, and even though we use the switch "by the book", it doesn't seem to work reliably on your system. It works fine on other systems though. We'll have to do more test runs on our own DDR4 test systems to find out what can we do about this. I suppose by trying to perform the bank switch 5 times (instead of just once, like now) it could work on your system too, but maybe there's a better solution than that. I'll keep you posted in this topic about this issue.

Another thing I noticed with Windows reading the information sensors "(in Sensor) is longer than with Windows 7

This is normal with Windows 10 and also the UEFI boot?

I suppose one of the hardware monitor modules run longer than before. It can be caused by a hardware component or driver behaving differently now than before. Please create and post a Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump. That provides vital information on the init and poll performance of the AIDA64 hardware monitor modules.

Thank you. Somehow enumerating SPD memory modules takes a very long time on your system. Are you sure you don't have any other software running in the background that may read (poll) memory modules or other SMBus devices like sensor chips? Asus AI Suite, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, CPU-Z, SIV come to mind...

As for the SPD detection anomaly, please upgrade to the latest AIDA64 Extreme beta update available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know if it helps. Please note that due to the nature of the issue, and since we've never seen similar issues on other systems, I still have to assume that it is caused by another software or service running in the background, polling the SMBus, without using synchronization mutex. It may be related to the UEFI BIOS or Windows 10, although even with such combination we've never got reports of similar issues from other users. So there must be some pecularity about your configuration...

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, tistou77 said:

I think there was again a problem with the rams, I only have 4 sticks
X5
banks are empty on my Rampage V Edition 10

No problem with the monitoring

Thanks

That issue will be fixed in the next AIDA64 beta update due in a few days from now.