AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Schrotty

Aida64 show wrong SMART values on new PC

I have build a new PC and now say Aida64 all my HDD have heavy wrong SMART values. With other SMART Tools i dont have this problem. I have test the latest Aida64 v5.60.3768 Beta (Extreme Edition). On my old PC all SMART values was ok with Aida64 but now on new System show wrong values.

My new PC:

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Asus Z170 Gamer Pro with latest Bios

16GB Ram

CrystalDiskInfo show me the right values and all is ok.

post-34567-0-15438600-1456497213_thumb.png

post-34567-0-65114500-1456497218_thumb.png

Do you have your SSD connected to the onboard Intel SATA controller? Is it in standalone mode or member of a RAID array? Do you have any other RAID arrays in your system?

Thanks,

Fiery

Do you have your SSD connected to the onboard Intel SATA controller? Is it in standalone mode or member of a RAID array? Do you have any other RAID arrays in your system?

Thanks,

Fiery

Yes i use only the onboard controller in standalone mode and dont have a RAID or other controller. Every time whene i refresh SMART i get other wrong values.

Yes i use only the onboard controller in standalone mode and dont have a RAID or other controller. Every time whene i refresh SMART i get other wrong values.

Please try to update the Intel RST drivers to the latest stable (WHQL) version. If that doesn't help, try to disable the two RAID related options in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64. If that still doesn't fix it, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,

Fiery

Please try to update the Intel RST drivers to the latest stable (WHQL) version. If that doesn't help, try to disable the two RAID related options in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64. If that still doesn't fix it, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,

Fiery

Big thank you. Have install now the latest Intel RST and now Aida64 show me the right values. But why dont work with the Windows 10 Intel Driver?

Big thank you. Have install now the latest Intel RST and now Aida64 show me the right values. But why dont work with the Windows 10 Intel Driver?

Apparently, those drivers have some nasty bugs that prevent proper SMART communications.