AIDA64 Discussion Forum
vlad

Feature request, more control over sensor display

First, I want to give the developers of this software a thumbs up for the work they do with this software and mostly for the good care that they give to the comunity. I really apreciate how fast you give answers to all the questions posted. Thank you for that!

The reason that I`ve bought the software is its great flexibility in outputing the sensor values to different displays. In that regard, after reading some of the post, I understand that you try to follow the market by giving atention to RemoteSensor, more than the Sensor Panel.

If I am correct, I would like to know if you could implement more control over this, like allowing html and css input so that more interesting ways of displaying the values could be use.

I would like to have some conditional formating options ( like changing the color of text at certain thresholds, etc., similar to what could be done with LCDhost for Logitech G19s keyboards).

If you have other sugestion about the way I could go to achieve that, please let me know.

I am also exploring Roccat Power-Grid, looks much more promising than Arx Control from Logitech. It would be dificult to offer suport for that? I think that would help alot in doing fast verry interesting monitoring grids that anyone could use. From what I have red in the pdf help for the SDK, a dll that would give acces to all Aida64 sensors should be easy enough to write ( for someone with experience, meaning not me ;) ).

Thank you!

Conditional formatting would make the LCD rendering module quite a bit more complicated, and it's already too complicated :( And you can already use different limit colours for bars, and also custom gauge states to indicate too high or too low readings with different colour. For example, with custom gauges you can even make a long thick red line that would only appear under (or next to) a label when the temperature is above 60 Celsius. You can also make a custom gauge that appears as a red box around a label, but only when the fan stops, etc.

As for Power-Grid, we've checked it last year, but it seemed a lot more complicated to implement than Arx. So we've opted to stay with Arx and RemoteSensor. In our opinion those 2 options are fine for most users, and there's very little room where neither of those 2 work properly in case of mobile device based monitoring.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By cyperous
      When I go to setup the Remote sensor panel and setup LCD items the window on the view is empty and nothing is displayed.
      I'm on Windows 10 May Update on the latest Aida64.  I even tried using the latest beta with no luck.  Here is a screenshot.
      This is happening on two different systems.  One is an older machine with Intel 6700K the other is new with an Intel 8700K so I don't think it's hardware related.  They even have different motherboards.  Infact both these system used to have this working previously but I wiped both of them and did a fresh install of Windows 10 May.

• By TungstenMD
      Is this feature planned as with the OSD checkbox option?
    • By BeakersBro
      I went to update my old SensorPanel design.  I the process, I deleted my old graph of current download rate and tried to setup a new one with my new defaults.
      If I create a graph, it doesn't show any network rate information on the item list - I only get  connection rate and total download.  If I do a simple sensor item, it shows up as a selection.
      So, I went into Notepad++ in the old exported sensorpanel file that had a working download rate graph, and cut and pasted the graph line for download rate into the new sensorpanel file and the graph shows up correctly in the panel.
      It appears whatever config file that determines what can be added to a graph is broken.
      I attached a couple of pictures to show what I am allowed to select.
      This is version 5.92.4300.
      Thanks!

• By Falconeer
      Greetings,
      Is it possible to display calculated values in a Sensorpanel?  The scenario:
      I have an AIO CPU cooler (CM Masterliquid Pro 140) on my cpu (i7-4790k).  The pump is connected to the cpu fan header (mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme6/3.1).  The value displayed in BIOS and AIDA64 is in the 9k rpm range.  I've investigated with CM and was told the actual value is the displayed value divided by three.  I'd like to display it this way in the sensor panel.
      I've done some searching for similar threads but have come up empty.  That being said I'm new to the forums; if a thread already exists a link would be most appreciated.
      Thank you in advance for your time.
    • By T.A.
      Hi there, it`s my first post for finding an solution for my problem.
      I tried to read a lot of forum discussions...but maybe no other one has problems...
      My setup is a 1080ti (WIN 10 64bit) with an 4K-TV via HDMI (first monitor) and an faytech 7`` Monitor (second, native 1024*600). I use an Sensorpanel "window" to display sensordata on the second screen.
      My problem is that every time a start my computer, the panel displays on my TV (left, above) although i tried several times with all the setting (Position fixed/flexible, size fixed...) in the sensorpanel settings... i can drag and drop it in the right position (2. monitor) but even with the fixed settings it startet in the TVscreen :-(
      It could not be that problem to display it at the second monitor.... i think a lot of people do that in that way.... for a home entertainment system or a gaming Maschine for couch potatos like me....
      and... it was no problem for my alphacool-display... but i wanted to improve the colour-range :-)

In fact i have expected that there is a 1-click solution  :-)  I know.... it was a dream

Thank you
      Thomas