fixed: Sensor readings for EVGA Z170 Classified K (E178)

Arctucas

Thank you, but since we're not even sure if we're using the right register for Vcore reading, I would be hesitant to apply an offset on the reading. You can however apply a Correction offset in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction.

I believe I had to do that once before with another motherboard, I had forgotten about that.

Currenty, I trying to assist another software developer with obtaining info about this motherboard, because it seems no monitoring software, except ELEET, which is not really useful, displays anything even close to the correct VCore.

eVGA is not being, (how shall I put it?), exactly the most helpful.

If there any specific information you want me to ask eVGA about, just say so. I will probably wear out my welcome with them, but I intend to continue to persue this.

If there any specific information you want me to ask eVGA about, just say so. I will probably wear out my welcome with them, but I intend to continue to persue this.

Thank you, it would be great if you could push your luck about this issue. On our part, the only missing piece of the puzzle is the Vcore reading. It would be very useful to know exactly what register of which sensor device holds the Vcore reading, and what formula shall we use to calculate the actual voltage measurement value. Currently on the EVGA E178 motherboard (that you've got) AIDA64 uses register 0x0C (MSB) and register 0x0F (LSB) of the secondary Nuvoton NCT7802Y sensor chip (at SMBus device 0x2F) to measure Vcore, and it calculates the voltage value by using the following formula: RawRegisterReading x 0.002 x 0.9808

Thank you, it would be great if you could push your luck about this issue. On our part, the only missing piece of the puzzle is the Vcore reading. It would be very useful to know exactly what register of which sensor device holds the Vcore reading, and what formula shall we use to calculate the actual voltage measurement value. Currently on the EVGA E178 motherboard (that you've got) AIDA64 uses register 0x0C (MSB) and register 0x0F (LSB) of the secondary Nuvoton NCT7802Y sensor chip (at SMBus device 0x2F) to measure Vcore, and it calculates the voltage value by using the following formula: RawRegisterReading x 0.002 x 0.9808

Will do. Although i have noticed that eVGA responses have begun to be days instead of hours.

Anyway, I tried using a Ratio of 1.00895 and an Offset of -0.002 to get it very close.

@Fiery,

I received a reply from eVGA.

They will not provide the information. In fact, they now are not answering even simple questions. I apparently did wear out my welcome with them.

I appreciate all your hard work and effort.

Going forward, my intent is to get rid of the eVGA motherboard and buy either a MSI or AsRock motherboard.

Hopefully, I not encounter any issues with either of those brands.

Thanks again.