AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Neostarchild

Sensor Panel Connections Speed (Network)

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my old ADSL 6Mbps connections to our towns new optic 150Mbps (168Mbps measured).

On my sensor panel the Connections Speed was measured at 7.8 Mbps when I was on DSL but now it doesn't change to reflect the new connection speed.

The Graphs I use to measure upload and download work (wish I could measure in MB/s instead of KB/s but I know that's coded and can't be changed)

Not sure if it is something I need to change somewhere or is this just a bug.

I'm running version 5.75.3940 beta.

Thank you.

Have you tried to check whether the correct NIC is used for your graphs? In many cases there are multiple network interfaces/adapters present in the system, and maybe your graph is configured for the wrong interface.

BTW, you can switch the NIC download/upload rates to MB/s or Mbps by simply specifying that as the measurement unit for your sensor item. That's a trick that we've introduced a year ago ;)

Hello

Neat tricks with the values  :)

I have only NIC1

Graphs are no problem.

The "NIC1 Connection Speed" stays at 7.8Mbps  or if I change to Gbps changes to 1000Gbps.   Maybe I'm not getting what this sensor measures or its intended use. 

I am using an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Mainboard that has the Killer Ethernet E2200 with up to date drivers.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank You. 

The "NIC1 Connection Speed" stays at 7.8Mbps  or if I change to Gbps changes to 1000Gbps.   Maybe I'm not getting what this sensor measures or its intended use. 

I am using an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Mainboard that has the Killer Ethernet E2200 with up to date drivers.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank You.

Connection speed is fixed. It shows 100 Mbps for a 100 Mbps LAN connection, 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) for a gigabit LAN connection, etc.