Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum
gbohn

Memory DIMM info. display error? (Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1)

Recommended Posts

Hi;

I have an Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 with 64 GB of ECC ram (as 4 x 16 GB Samsung RAM modules). Each of these is supposed to be identical, but I noticed that there are some inconsistencies in the data being displayed in different locations for the one module in slot B1. (This is an 8-slot motherboard with 4 channels x up to 2 DIMMS per channel. I am using one DIMM in each of the 4 channels (I hope :-) ).

I'm using the 5.80.4032 Beta at the moment.

Under Computer/Summary/Motherboard/Memory I see that the DIMM in slot B1 is listed differently. It doesn't have the title

'Samsung M393A2K40BB1-CRC'

the way that the other three slots do. See AIDA-MEM-1.jpg.

AIDA-MEM-1.jpg

Motherboard/SPD also lists the module in slot B1 a little differently. See AIDA-MEM-2.jpg and AIDA-MEM-3.jpg. The serial number and DRAM stepping of B1 seems bogus (888888888).

AIDA-MEM-2.jpg

AIDA-MEM-3.jpg

The entries under Computer/DMI/Memory Devices/B1 seems to show a more plausible serial number:

AIDA-MEM-4.jpg

For what it's worth, CPU-Z 1.78.x64 shows Dimm B1 SPD as the expected value (and all the DIMMS the same except for serial #).

CPU-Z.jpg

Do you think this is just an Aida 64 display quirk?

Thanks;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh... Something 'squirrely' is going on.

I rebooted my system, and noticed that after that, the display had changed to where DIMM B1 was displaying o.k., but DIMM D1 appeared the way DIMM B1 previously had:

AIDA-MEM-Reboot.jpg

I killed AIDA64 manually then restarted it. This time only DIMMs A1 and D1 showed up under the summary (so B1 and C1 didn't show up at all in the summary). Killing and restarting it again shows all the DIMMs with labels.

AIDA-MEM-All.jpg

So, the results appear variable...

Any idea what that means? Could it be an interaction with the Aquasuite software I am also running?

This is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit by the way.

Thanks;

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've already seen such issues on Haswell-E and Broadwell-E systems, but couldn't reproduce it on our own test systems using the same processors :( It must be due to SMBus timing pecularities, but when we've tried to adjust the timing to a more relaxed value, surprisingly things (ie. SPD detection) got even worse.

As for Aquasuite, you can try to close that software, but I'm pretty sure it's not the culprit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...