AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Shhpoons

Running System Stability Test on GPU causes severe lag

If I run the system stability test on my system, and add the GPU, I get severe lag. Basically the screen appears to refresh every 1 or 2 seconds, and so the mouse jumps around the screen. It made clicking the Stop button pretty tricky.  

Anyway, I know its designed to push the GPU to its limits, but I haven't experienced lag like that when benchmarking in Heaven or 3DMark. All the benchmark scores in Heaven and 3DMark are pretty much on the money for my card, so I'm just wondering why I'm having issues here? My card is a Zotac GTX 1070 Mini (no OC).

Or is this behavior expected when running the stress test?

That's normal, and is due to the fact that AIDA64 uses OpenCL to stress the GPU(s) in the system. And OpenCL works through the Direct3D display layer. When you use a demanding OpenCL kernel, it could cause the display to lag.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By xixou
      rtx 2080 super, no usage probe? (was present with the gtx 1070)
      TDP probe is ok.

• By DonSalsero
      Hello,I m trying to record my gpu power in Watt (into a csv). In my pc (GTX 970) in File - Preferences - Logging , down to the "Power Values" section there is a choice "GPU1". I tried in an other pc (with Titax X) but in "Power Values" section there is only the "GPU1 TDP%" option. Do you know how can I activate the option GPU1 at "Power Values in my second pc? 
      Thank you for your time  
    • By DonSalsero
      Hello guys,I'm trying to measure the utilization of my GPU.I have 2, an Intel hd graphics (from my cpu) and a GTX 970. From File - Preferences - Logging I can only find "GPU1 Utilization" . I cant understand if GPU1 refers to GTX 970 or Intel hd graphics. (I have enabled "Wake GPUs up at AIDA64 start up")
      Thank you for your time
    • By DonSalsero
      Hello,whenever I'm trying to run System Stability Test on Aida64 extreme and I check the "Stress GPU(s)" checkbox,the system crashes and I have to reboot my pc.Do you have any idea why? (when I run SST's with only GPU's box unchecked,it runs smoothly)
      Also I'm trying to save the data from System Stability Test into a file (for instance .txt) but "Save" button only gives me a PNG image.Any ideas?

Thank you for your time!
    • By Tweak
      Hey everyone, i have a rather basic understanding of overclocking, and stress testing so let me just start with that.
      To start off.
      I run a
      750 power supply
      MSI Gaming pro carbon 270z
      i7 7700k
      MSI GTX 1080 TI
      Gskill  32gigs @2117
      Water cooler blah blah blah.

When i run a stress test on Memory @ Stock Specs (for everything including GPU) everything passes and nothings unstable.
      MSI has this nifty "Gaming mode" in its BIOS which Clocks my CPU 4.8 Max and my RAM @2800 (which is the advertised speed).
      Once i run a stress test on the Memory in said Gaming mode i get "hardware fail" from ADIA64.
      This is rather quickly after starting the test, 10 seconds top.
      once i push everything back to stock and reboot everything runs stable which makes me believe my RAM isnt "bad".
      Now i can't for the life of my figure out if i have "bad ram" or i don't have the correct voltage..  or...

i can post logs if needed not sure on what information is needed here.

Computer skills: New overclocker

Any help would be amazing