AIDA64 compatibility with AMD Ryzen processors

Fiery

Due to the enermous number of requests we've been receiving since the Ryzen market launch, concerning various confusions about AIDA64 and Ryzen, hereby we post a clarification. AIDA64 is currently not 100% compatible with the recently unveiled AMD Ryzen high-performance x86 processors. It's because AIDA64 still has a few issues that we need to fix. However, in order to fix those issues, we first need to run a series of very long benchmark tests on Ryzen, and that -- among with the bug fixes themselves -- will take several days to complete.

As for the bugs and limitations we so far discovered:

UPDATE: We have fixed #3, #4, #5 and #7 in the latest AIDA64 v5.90.4200 stable update, which is now 100% compatible with AMD Ryzen processors:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xe

1) A number of minor hardware detection issues were already fixed in the latest AIDA64 beta update.

2) The list of Turbo and XFR PStates are invisible on Ryzen, so it's not possible to properly enumerate or track them using a software. When a core of the AMD Ryzen processor goes into idle, the core will report the clockspeed of the P2 power state (e.g. 2200MHz on the Ryzen 7 1800X) and enter into the core-c1 (CC1) or core-c6 (CC6) sleep state. While the VID remains detectable in these states, the states are power gated and the true frequency is not known to the OS or monitoring utilities. As indicated from the “fine-grained Pstate” commentary released at Ryzen Tech Day, the AMD Ryzen’s processor true frequencies in these modes are significantly lower than reported via the “last known” P2 reading. AMD engineering tells us that V/f changes can be executed at 1ms intervals, indicating that the act of monitoring the states with the resolution necessary to accurately capture this behavior would also prevent cores from entering into the ultra low-power CC1 or CC6 states.

3) L1 cache bandwidth and latency scores, as well as memory bandwidth and latency scores are already accurately measured.

4) L2 cache and L3 cache scores indicate a lower performance than the peak performance of Ryzen. The scores AIDA64 measure are actually not incorrect, they just show the average performance of the L2 and L3 caches rather than the peak performance. It will of course be fixed soon.

5) Even though AIDA64 warns about a potential lack of optimization, the CPU and FPU benchmarks should be indicative of the full potential of Ryzen. We may be able to tweak e.g. the FPU Julia benchmark to squeeze even more performance out of Ryzen, but we don't expect the improvement to be substantial.

6) The CPU Hash benchmark provides an exceptionally great score on Ryzen due to the hardware accelerated SHA instructions capability of Ryzen. It's absolutely normal that hardware acceleration boosts CPU computing performance by such a margin.

7) AM4 motherboards are not yet supported by the latest AIDA64 stable build of v5.80.4000. Make sure to use the latest AIDA64 beta build to have accurate sensor measurements on ASRock, Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte, and MSI AM4 motherboards.

We will post further updates to this topic as we progress with our bug fixing efforts on our Ryzen test systems.

On ‎2017‎. ‎03‎. ‎12‎. at 11:38 AM, skline00 said:

Thanks administrator. The beta is working well on my Asus Prime B350 Plus mb with Ryzen 7 1800x at stock. If I OC I lose the temp readings under stability testing.

Which temperature readings go missing when your CPU is overclocked?

On ‎2017‎. ‎03‎. ‎12‎. at 3:45 PM, Sgt Bilko said:

Hi Fiery,

Is the stress test still fine to use with Ryzen processors?

Yes, it works fine.  Although, we're not quite sure if you can trust the CPU Package power reading.  It seems to provide strange readings, even though we use it the right way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Yes, it works fine.  Although, we're not quite sure if you can trust the CPU Package power reading.  It seems to provide strange readings, even though we use it the right way.

Thank you for the answer, good to know the stress test works as it should :)

8 hours ago, Evo086 said:

Beta is working good so far with my Asus x370-pro.  Not sure if you saw this? https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update?sf62109582=1.  Was wondering if the temp readings will get adjusted in the next release?

Thanks

We're not 100% sure that AMD is right about that chart. So we're holding off applying a fix, and asked AMD for more information and clarification. You can however apply the -20 Celsius offset if you want: go to AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction, press the New button below the chart, select CPU Diode from the list of temperature readings, leave Ratio at 1, enter -20 into the Offset field, and press OK. You will need to remove that correction entry once we implement a native fix in AIDA64 for the tCTL offset issue.

• 2 weeks later...

so is the cpu socket temp still off that 20 degree offset .....i tested the temp of my crosshair vi hero with a temp gun around the socket their is no way its 54c while cpu is in the low 20's...lol....i still put the -20 offset on the cpu socket or if that is the socket ....just says cpu on this ...but i started with my old 8350 sensor panel ....cpu diode is thee two clusters? and the cpu is the socket or entire package both clusters together?....... that pics just showing off the look

my sensor panel.PNG

• 1 month later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎04‎. ‎07‎. at 6:50 PM, Demoniacstar said:

so is the cpu socket temp still off that 20 degree offset .....i tested the temp of my crosshair vi hero with a temp gun around the socket their is no way its 54c while cpu is in the low 20's...lol....i still put the -20 offset on the cpu socket or if that is the socket ....just says cpu on this ...but i started with my old 8350 sensor panel ....cpu diode is thee two clusters? and the cpu is the socket or entire package both clusters together?....... that pics just showing off the look

We follow AMD's requests and recommendations on the -20C temperature offset for the CPU Diode (Tctl) temperature reading on Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X and 1600X parts. Ryzen processors feature only a single thermal diode, and I assume it's located outside the CCX'es, in the uncore part of the CPU. The temperature reading labelled simply as "CPU" is measured by the motherboard sensor chip.

15 hours ago, Fiery said:

We follow AMD's requests and recommendations on the -20C temperature offset for the CPU Diode (Tctl) temperature reading on Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X and 1600X parts. Ryzen processors feature only a single thermal diode, and I assume it's located outside the CCX'es, in the uncore part of the CPU. The temperature reading labelled simply as "CPU" is measured by the motherboard sensor chip.

so one could say it is socket temp then?....and i think sence this is a external mb sensor and using the -20 degree rule and it matches my temp gun even on the back of cpu socket i will stay with that set up then...and keep the cpu temp sensor labeled socket ;)

i would also like to say thanks for the great work you guys are doing with your program ...i love it .....and everyone i turn on to this program loves it as much as i do ;)

awesome work guys ....

On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎09‎. at 3:28 AM, Demoniacstar said:

so one could say it is socket temp then?....and i think sence this is a external mb sensor and using the -20 degree rule and it matches my temp gun even on the back of cpu socket i will stay with that set up then...and keep the cpu temp sensor labeled socket ;)

i would also like to say thanks for the great work you guys are doing with your program ...i love it .....and everyone i turn on to this program loves it as much as i do ;)

awesome work guys ....

I appreciate your kind words.  We'll keep pushing the development of AIDA64 in order to deliver more quality releases in the future too.

As for socket temp... well... I'm not quite sure how to label these things :) We generally recommend watching all CPU related temperatures, and use the highest one as your reference.  With Ryzen "X" (XFR-capable) processors cooling is crucial, so it's worth experimenting with various system loads, and watch and log all the temperatures during a certain workload to find out whether the current cooling solution can and should be improved.

• 2 months later...
On 07/04/2017 at 5:50 PM, Demoniacstar said:

my sensor panel.PNG

Hi I really love your sensorpanel theme. I have the same motherboard and cpu and was wondering if you could upload your sensorpanel files so that I can import and use them for mine. Thanks x

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, VRBabe16 said:

Hi I really love your sensorpanel theme. I have the same motherboard and cpu and was wondering if you could upload your sensorpanel files so that I can import and use them for mine. Thanks x

im sorry i no longer have that sensor panel ....if i can find it in my backed up data ill hook you up......i recently formatted all my drives and i'm in the processes of redoing a new sensor panel.....i do not know how it is going to turn out but ill let you see that also ......my sensor panels are created to run on a 24" 1080p monitor in portrait mode, i run 2 of those and a 55" 4k screen... i do still have my old one for my 8350 which is the same as this just things added for the 1800x....its not hard at all to create one of these panels it can be intimidating at first...lol...but things become pretty easy to do after you spend some time on it and learn it :) ..ive seen some awesome sensor panels!...way better then mine...lol...

On 7/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, VRBabe16 said:

hey how you doing ...i am working on a new one ...this is what i got so far ...but i don't know if any will like it like they did that old 

k ...its done .....well mostly ....i might add some more system info to the center

HELP!! i can not stop adding stuff

a work in progress.PNG

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎15‎. at 7:53 AM, Demoniacstar said:

hey how you doing ...i am working on a new one ...this is what i got so far ...but i don't know if any will like it like they did that old 

k ...its done .....well mostly ....i might add some more system info to the center

HELP!! i can not stop adding stuff

a work in progress.PNG

Holy cow :D 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fiery said:

Holy cow :D 

lmao!....from the looks of that ...yeah id say Ryzen is 100% compatible with AIDA64.....i love this program and this sensor panel ..... why look at boring system data sensors man .....the customization of the sensor panel is unlimited pretty much!....the minds the limit ....truly!..........

thanks man!, for all the hard work you and your team put into this program ;)

12 hours ago, Demoniacstar said:

lmao!....from the looks of that ...yeah id say Ryzen is 100% compatible with AIDA64.....i love this program and this sensor panel ..... why look at boring system data sensors man .....the customization of the sensor panel is unlimited pretty much!....the minds the limit ....truly!..........

thanks man!, for all the hard work you and your team put into this program ;)

Thank you, we'll try to keep it up ;)

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Soul--Reaver said:

When will we start seeing Ryzen results in the benchmarks?

I want to compare my current processor to a Ryzen one but i could not find any Ryzen results in Aida64 5.92

Hi

There is a Ryzen 1800X in the results just update your AIDA64 to the latest beta version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...