fixed: SMART data from LSI 9211-8i IT

pbcopter

I have just installed a LSI 9211-8i IT controller to add 8 SATA drives to my system,

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 with Xeon 2670 CPU.

The 9211 is installed in the 1st PCIe x16 slot and works flawlessly.

However, I cannot read the SMART data from the drives connected to this card with AIDA64.
The drives are recognized and display the temps, etc but not SMART.
I can read the SMART data using Samsung's Magician utility version 4.9.7 and with a utility called smartctl.exe run in a CMD window.

Is there something I need to set in AIDA64 to allow the reading of SMART data from this controller card?

I searched the forum for information but was unable to find what I needed.

Thank you.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> ATA Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> RAID Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Finally, right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> Disk Controllers Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎19‎. at 10:49 PM, pbcopter said:

Any update to this topic?

Thank you.

I'm sorry for the delays, and thank you for the dumps.  I'm afraid neither of the RAID codepaths AIDA64 currently features supports your RAID controller.  We'll try to find out how to handle it.

• 4 months later...
On 6/23/2017 at 5:44 AM, Fiery said:

I'm sorry for the delays, and thank you for the dumps.  I'm afraid neither of the RAID codepaths AIDA64 currently features supports your RAID controller.  We'll try to find out how to handle it.

I know this is low priority but has there been any further developments in this?

Thank you.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎10‎. ‎27‎. at 5:36 PM, pbcopter said:

I know this is low priority but has there been any further developments in this?

Thank you.

Paul

I'm afraid we need a bit more time on this.  Unfortunately this isn't a nut we can crack easily :(

• 2 months later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎11‎. ‎09‎. at 11:08 AM, pbcopter said:

I just wanted to add that I have been using Crystal Dew World's utility,  CrystaldiskInfo 7.5.0,  to get the SMART data from the disks connect to the  LSI 9211-8i IT. 

Crystal Disk Info

Thank you for the tip and also for your patience about this issue.  We've implemented RAID member enumeration, RAID SMART support for LSI "IR" SATA RAID controllers; as well as SMART support for drives connected to LSI "IT" SATA AHCI controllers. Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.