AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Zoork

AIDA64 and Corsair PSU Power in and out values (Corsair RM650i)

Dear Aida64 Team - i have one short question, because i want to buy a new license.

I am using a corsair RM650i psu which is connected to the mainboard. In the original Corsair Link Software i can see two entrys namend "Power in" und namend "Power out". In Aida64 i can onyl see one value, i think it is the "Power out" value. Is it possible, that Aida64 can read in future versions also the "Power in" value?

The little tool HWMonitor can do this. The best Systemtool from all, Aida64, can do it not! HWMonitor can also read the Efficiency, also the Tool SIV can do it, please take a look at the pictures.

It would be great, when Aida64 can also do this, for me for example it is important - thanks a lot

8d52ed-1500722115.jpg

593c55-1500722129.jpg

26110c-1500722143.jpg

Please note that we don't always work through weekends, especially during summer ;)

As for the topic, PSU efficiency calculation requires special, manufacturer as well as PSU model specific formulas.  We simply don't want to deal with such formulas, because we don't find them scientific at all.  But we would be happy to implement direct readout for such values whenever they're supported by a specific PSU.  Corsair PSUs however do not support direct readout of power efficiency.

Ok, sorry, no problem. ;)

Power efficiency calculation are not important for me, that was not the question, i dont need that, but it would be great, when AIDA64 can read the "Power in" and "Power out" values.

So, my question was, can AIDA64 perhaps in one of the upcoming versions support both values, "Power in" and "Power out"? So where is the problem, at the moment AIDA64 can read the PSU "Power out" value, why is it not possible to integrate also the  "Power in" value?

As i wrote, AIDA64 is the best Systemtool from all, but can not read this two values, only one, but the little HWMonitor Tool, for example, can read both values. I am confused about that.

Thanks a lot!    

On ‎2017‎. ‎07‎. ‎24‎. at 4:55 PM, Zoork said:

Ok, sorry, no problem. ;)

Power efficiency calculation are not important for me, that was not the question, i dont need that, but it would be great, when AIDA64 can read the "Power in" and "Power out" values.

So, my question was, can AIDA64 perhaps in one of the upcoming versions support both values, "Power in" and "Power out"? So where is the problem, at the moment AIDA64 can read the PSU "Power out" value, why is it not possible to integrate also the  "Power in" value?

As i wrote, AIDA64 is the best Systemtool from all, but can not read this two values, only one, but the little HWMonitor Tool, for example, can read both values. I am confused about that.

Thanks a lot!    

Power out is calculated using the same formula as power efficiency.  Efficiency = power out / power in. And out of those 3 values only the power out value can be directly measured or detected on most PSUs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ojustaboo
      Hi
      A few odd things. I've recently added cheap water cooling to my PC.
      It might be a misunderstanding  (or reconfiguration) on my pat. 
      1) Sometimes when I start the PC and AIDA64  auto starts, it only shows the 3 white fan options as shown in the bottom of pic "Turn on PC".
      If I close AIDA64 and restart it, or reboot, it comes up with the 5 fans it should have (see bottom of pic "Restarted"), 
      2) very occasionally it starts correctly by showing the 5 fan options, but will say both the GPU Rad fan and the Temp Side Fan are 0 RPM even though they are spinning (sorry haven't got a pic for this)
      Note, Power supply fan should be 0 RPM as it's a quite PS that only starts the fan if needed
      3) With my CPU watercooler, I installed Corsairs iCUE fan control software (I presume this is needed to control the fans?).  That software shows completely different CPU temps to yours. When running your Stress Test, (all in C)
      After 40 seconds, yours says 39 , iCUE says 33.7
      After 2 mins, yours says 40  iCUE says 34.3
      After 3 mins yours says 40  iCUE says 34.8
      After 4 mins yours says 41, iCUE says 35.1
      After 6 mins yours says 41, iQUE says 35.6
      After 11 mins yours says 42 iQUE says 36.1
      Pics of the above attached.  I left it running for a while longer, but the temp stayed fluctuating  between  41/42.
      Then after I'd stopped your stress test for a couple of mins or so your s/w says 29, iQUE says 34.6

Turned on PC

Restarted PC

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 40 secs

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 2 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 3 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 4 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 6 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 11 mins

Stress test stopped for a couple of mins or so

System Spec:
      Asus Vulcan Pro ROG Headset
      Corsair Neutron GTX SSD 240GB (C drive, System)
      Samsung 500GB EVO SSD  (D drive, Games)
      SanDisk SSD Plus 480GB (E drive, Steam Library) 
      Samsung 500GB EVO SSD  (F drive , Music S/W)
      Samsung 500GB EVO SSD  (G, H, I drive,  Docs, More Programs, Email)
      Toshiba HDwe140 4TB  (External enclosure, only plugged in to do backups) 

XFX RADEON RX480 Black Edition OC
      Utech MMO Gaming Mouse 
      Logitech G510 Keyboard
      Razer Orbweaver Chrome
      Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Audio interface
      Dell U2713HM monitor running at 2560 x 1440
      BenQ GW2470 runing at 1920 x 1080
      Intel Core i7 3820 a2011  3600 MHz
      Asus P9X79 Socket 2011 ATX Motherboard
      32GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 RAM
      Win 10 Pro

Corsair 750 Watt HX750i Fully Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply
      Corsair Hydro H55 on GPU
      Corsair Hydro H100 v2 on CPU
      NTZX H440 Mid ATX PC case

• By djg
      I'm shopping for a new PS and would like it to be supported by AIDA64. Is it possible to get a list of PS manufacturers supported?
      Thanks!
    • By Lothar
      I just upgrade my system and with my new motherboard an ASUS ROG Maximus X Code no fan information is listed in the sensor panel. I have upgraded to the latest beta version. 5.95.4522.
      Regards,
      Lothar

• By MSIX
      Currently running WIN 10 Pro 1709 on newly built machine.  I am unable to see my Corsair AIO H115i cooler in AIDA64.  I am able to see it in HWinfo64 as well as through Corsair Icue & Corsair Link.  I have tried turning off Icue and Link and still I am unable to see this.  Also the only way to see my Corsair Commander pro in AIDA64 is to shut off Icue and Link.
      Any thought on being able to monitor my Corsair H115i as well as the Commander Pro?

AIDA64 ver 5.97.4600